Internode provide a carrier-grade web hosting environment, with high reliability, availability, and connectivity.
- Servers - Internode utilise high performance multi-processor, multi-core Oracle servers, featuring; redundant power supplies, disks and network interfaces. These servers are arranged in fault-tolerant clusters, with high efficiency via VMware (effectively achieving multiple 'virtual machines').
- Reliability - Internode's web servers are backed up across our state-of-the-art Storage Area Network. This is replicated across two geographically-diverse, high availability data centres interconnected by dual path optical fibre links.
- Network - Our web servers feature Gigabit Ethernet connections direct to the Internet via the Internode International IP network. This 'First Tier' Internet Protocol network features multiple, high capacity interconnection to all domestic peering points, with over 15 Gbps of dedicated global capacity via the US, UK and Japan.
Internode's acceptable usage policy applies to our web hosting services. This includes the prevention of spam, fraud, breach of intellectual property rights and other illegal activities.
Naturally we provide both Windows and Unix environments. However please note that we do not provide services for the development or maintenance of the web site content.
- Business Web Hosting - Static is the entry-level product, suitable for the basic web hosting requirements of small businesses - HTML and 'static' files such as JPEGs, PDFs, etc. Designed for simple web sites with moderate traffic volumes, this service includes 10 MB of storage and 500 MB of served traffic per month. All data is backed up on a 24 hour cycle, and while it is in a high availability environment, no Service Level Agreement applies.
- Business Web Hosting - Dynamic is the mid-range product, supporting a more sophisticated web site with dynamic content. This is an appropriate choice for many medium business web sites, with generous inclusions of 100 MB of storage and 5 GB of served traffic per month. Email from the web site (rate limited to 10 messages per minute) is supported. In addition to a 24 hour backup cycle, our 99.9% Availability 'Platinum' Service Level Agreement applies.
- Business Web Hosting - Database is the high-end product, supporting web sites with a database. Providing a substantial 500 MB of storage and 10 GB of served traffic per month, the Database plan addresses your more demanding hosting requirements. In addition to the features of the Dynamic plan, the Database plan also includes support for a MySQL or MS-SQL database; and maximum email from the site is increased to 60 messages per minute. All data is backed up on a 12 hour cycle, and our 99.9% Availability 'Platinum' Service Level Agreement applies.
Customised plans with higher storage (up to 20 GB) and served traffic (up to 400 GB per month) are also available.
For all information on plans and pricing, see Plans and Pricing.
- Automatic Data Backup - Customer web site data will be backed up to our secure off-site archive facility at regular intervals, with the interval (12 or 24 hours) dependent the selected plan.
- Log Files - Log files are available for download on all plans except 'Static', and contain a maximum of 30 days data / 100 MB. The most recent log file is not included in the data storage allocation.
- Additional Virtual Hosts - You can host multiple web sites within the one Business Web Hosting service (additional charges apply). Typically, each 'Additional Virtual Host' will have it's own domain name; but may share the same stylesheets or database with the other websites hosted under the same plan. All usage (served traffic and storage) of the Additional Virtual Hosts are counted towards the 'parent' service, and they inherit all of the same plan features and administrative access.
- Redirects - Redirect services are another function of the Internode Business Web Hosting platform (additional charges apply). Put simply, the Redirect service is used to immediately 'redirect' any web requests to a particular domain name, to a specific part of any other web site. This is mainly used for marketing purposes - to launch a new product with it's own domain name, but leveraging your existing web site development. By way of example, when an Internet user types the URL www.yourproductname.com into their browser, their request could be redirected by our web servers to www.yourcompanyname.com.au/productname.
For all information about web hosting features and specifications, see Specifications.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a protocol for transmitting private information across the Internet, using a web browser client. All Internet browsers support SSL, and many Web sites use the protocol whenever confidential user information - such as credit card numbers - is required. By convention, URLs that require an SSL connection start with https instead of http.
SSL can be fully supported on web sites that are hosted on the Internode Business Web Hosting platform, and Internode provide Geotrust SSL Certificates for this purpose (additional charges apply). Please note that for technical reasons, Internode will also need to be providing the DNS Management service (also called delegation) for the web site's domain name.
Dedicated and Virtual Server Hosting
Internode provide specialist hosting requirements, for business needs beyond the standardised 'shared' environment of Business Web Hosting. These solutions are tailor-made to your exact specifications, allowing you to customise and individualise server settings for your unique requirements.
- Elements of the dedicated server solution may include co-locating in the Internode Data Centre, Oracle servers, Cisco firewalls, server monitoring systems and off-site data backup.
- Internode's Virtual Private Server solutions offer incredible flexibility and performance, with all the benefits of datacentre hosting. Capabilities include; redundancy, firewalling, monitoring, and management of both hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
Outsourcing your server hosting is one of the best ways to achieve maximum performance and flexibility, while keeping overhead costs low.
Sign up online »