Unmetered sites are provided to help you use your broadband service to its full potential without incurring any usage on your monthly allowance.
Please read the Important Information below prior to using these services.
What content is unmetered?
(~) SourceForge Mirror
To source unmetered downloads from SourceForge, you must go to the SourceForge website and select the file you wish to download, then select the Internode Download mirror.
(+) Major Geeks Mirror
To source unmetered downloads from Major Geeks, you must go to the Major Geeks website and select the file you wish to download, then select the Internode Download mirror.
(^) Steam Content Server
Internode unmeters traffic from Australian hosted Steam content servers, which provide automated and convenient software/patch updating services for a variety of current online games. See http://www.steampowered.com for more information about Steam.
- Steam content that is downloaded from an Australian hosted Steam server will not count toward your Broadband usage.
- If Steam switches to downloading from an alternate server outside of Australia (sometimes it will occur automatically), your Steam content downloads will count toward your normal quota.
- Internode cannot guarantee or force the use of Australian hosted Steam servers.
- You may wish to consider the use of a third party tool to limit the servers Steam can access.
For more information about Steam Content unmetering, please see our Steam Content FAQ.
Internode Accounts and Support
Access to My Internode and other Internode webtools is also unmetered, including data access to check your usage with any of the usage meters available for use with Internode broadband.
This means that you don't increase your usage when you check your current usage level ... !
Important Information about Unmetered Sites
Unmetered access is offered explicitly for the following service types only:
Note: unmetering only applies to downloads. All uploads (including transmission acknowledgements and other overheads) will be counted against your quota.
- Easy Broadband, Easy Naked, Easy Bundle and Easy Reach plans.
- Easy plans with Power and Business packs (note: important caveat for Business Packs and Business ADSL customers, see below).
- Previously available Home and SOHO ADSL broadband plans.
- Previously available Business ADSL plans (note: important caveat for Business Packs and Business ADSL customers, see below).
- Regional Fixed Wireless Broadband (including NBN Wireless and Agile Fixed-Wireless) plans.
- Fibre to the Home plans (including NBN, Opticomm & OPENetworks Estates, Point Cook and South Brisbane).
If your service type does not explicitly appear in the list above, unmetered content will count toward your monthly usage/quota.
- The unmetering facility will not work if you use a web access 'proxy' or VPN. If you access unmetered sites using a web proxy or VPN, all resulting usage will be metered.
- Please note that access to these sites from other forms of Internode access links currently remains metered (and contributes to assessed download totals), due to data measuring technology limitations present at this time. This unmetering feature is only available for Internode Broadband ADSL, FTTH and Wireless DSL services.
- Access to unmetered sites will initially appear in your measured usage totals, and will then be 'wound back' off your usage afterwards. This adjustment normally occurs within a few hours.
- Internode is not responsible for metering of downloads which may occur if you inadvertently link to a site which is external to the unmetered site list. It is your responsibility to ensure that your downloads are sourced from an unmetered site.
- The unmetering facility is a value-added feature of Internode Broadband services. Internode reserves the option to vary the benefits offered by this feature in the future.
- Under some circumstances (and as minimally as we can possibly manage), we may need to constrain access to some unmetered sites via rate shaping, during periods of intense demand. This applies especially to file servers in the unmetered site list. Customers requiring faster access to such sites are advised to consider downloading the required data from an alternative (metered) site if faster access is required.
- The list of un-metered sites is subject to change over time. It is important, before undertaking any large quantity of data downloading from these sites, that you reconfirm that your intended source site is in the currently configured list of unmetered sites. While in general we expect that the list will grow, rather than shrink, we may need to remove sites from this list in future. So please come back and re-check this web site whenever you wish to make sure that your notion of 'unmetered' is still the accurate one. View a list of IP addresses that are unmetered.
- Business Pack and Business ADSL Customers Only : Business ADSL access to unmetered sites is only available when accessing the sites using the static IP addresses that Internode assigns directly your Business ADSL service (either 1 or 5 IP address, depending on the option that you have ordered). The unmetered sites feature does not work if you access these sites using any additional static IP address ranges routed to your location using a GRE/IP tunnel or framed route. Access from such 'additional' IP address ranges does not benefit from this unmetering facility, and access to the above-mentioned sites will be metered under this specific circumstance.