Unmetered sites are provided to help you use your Internode broadband service to its full potential, without incurring additional usage against your monthly plan quota.
Please read and consider the Important Information below prior to using our unmetered sites and services.
What content is unmetered?
Netflix is the world's leading Internet subscription service for enjoying TV shows and movies. Members can instantly stream their favourite TV shows and movies right to their computer, TV, tablet, or smartphone. It's fast. It's easy. It's a better way to watch.
- Australian service only.
- Netflix streaming membership, compatible device, and Internet required. See www.netflix.com/TermsOfUse.
- NBN Fixed-Wireless services are not eligible for unmetered Netflix Australia content.
- All access via IPv6 is not unmetered, if you use IPv6 and wish to use Netflix unmetered, please ensure IPv6 is turned off for your service.
Learn more at www.internode.on.net/netflix
ABC iview offers full-length catch-up episodes from the ABC, plus programs selected just for iview. There's no ads, and it's free to use. You can enjoy ABC iview quota-free through your web browser on a computer.
- Does not include ABC News 24
- Does not include non-Flash streaming, such as ABC iview for iPad, PlayStation 3, Fetch TV Set Top Box, or Xbox 360. (For more info, see the ABC iview FAQ)
Learn more at www.abc.net.au/iview
Whether you like to rock out with the classics, or prefer something a little more contemporary, Freezone Radio Stations will have what you're after with over 180 radio stations streamed to the one page. Best of all, its all quota-free!
- Radio streams must be played from the Internode Freezone radio page to be counted as unmetered content.
Learn more at freezone.internode.on.net/radio
Freezone gives you quota-free access to movie trailers, music, sports, and gaming content.
Learn more at freezone.internode.on.net
Internode's NodePhone Voice over IP (VoIP) lets you make low-cost phone calls over the Internet.
- Voice over IP call data to and from Internode's NodePhone VoIP systems won't count toward your quota.
- Note: you'll still need to pay the applicable NodePhone call rates for any phone calls that you make.
Learn more at www.internode.on.net/nodephone
Fetch TV (for Internode customers that have an existing Fetch TV service purchased through Internode):
- Includes Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
- Includes linear streamed channels for Fetch TV set top box
- Includes on-demand movies and TV shows from Fetch TV
- Includes Trailers via Fetch TV Remote App (Paired with your Internode set top box and on an Internode connection.)
- Includes Netflix Australia Fetch TV set top box application content, subject to notes regarding Netflix Australia content on this page.
- Does not include Fetch TV services purchased from retail stores
- Does not include some 3rd party application content such as ABC iView, NASA TV, or Facebook.
games.on.net is a 100% Australian site dedicated to serving all your gaming needs. With three main pillars - a high-quality editorial site, a thriving community, and one of Australia's largest free public game server farms - it's the ultimate Aussie gaming destination.
In 2012, games.on.net joined with iiNet's 3FL gaming network to make games.on.net bigger and better than ever, incorporating their servers into the ever-expanding home for Australian gamers.
You can also rent your very own games.on.net server for your clan or friends through gameservers.com!
Learn more at games.on.net
Internode's download mirror contains a wide selection of software including Linux distributions, modem firmware, and open-source software.
Learn more at mirror.internode.on.net
SourceForge is a source code repository offering a centralised location for free and open-source software projects.
To source unmetered downloads from SourceForge, you must go to the SourceForge website, select the file you wish to download, then select the Internode Download mirror.
Learn more at www.sourceforge.net
Valve's Steam servers provide automated, convenient software/patch updating for a variety of online games. See http://www.steampowered.com for more information about Steam.
- Steam content that is downloaded from the Internode CDN Valve Steam Content server will not count toward your ADSL, FTTH, or NBN Broadband usage.
- If Steam switches the download to an alternate server (this may occur automatically), your Steam downloads will count towards your normal quota.
- Internode cannot guarantee or force the use of unmetered Steam servers.
- You may wish to consider the use of a third party tool to limit the servers Steam can access.
For more information about Steam Content unmetering, please see our Steam Content Frequently Asked Questions.
Learn more at www.steampowered.com
In partnership with Xbox our customers can enjoy unmetered Xbox live content! This means you can download demos, grab that new DLC map pack, and make sure your console software is up to date, all quota-free.
- Includes Full Game Downloads and Demos from download.xbox.com
- Streamed Content and 3rd Party Applications not included.
To source unmetered game downloads from Xbox Live, you must use the Internode DNS servers (auto-assigned). If you do not use Internode's DNS (for example, if you're using Google's DNS or another 3rd party DNS service), game downloads will count towards your usage.
Only Xbox Live Full game downloads from and demos from download.xbox.com are unmetered. Unmetered Xbox does not include any streamed video content or 3rd party application data access on your Xbox, for example, Foxtel over Xbox.
Learn more at www.xbox.com (download.xbox.com)
A quota-free webcast of the proceedings of the Parliament of South Australia, including the Legislative Council and the House of Assembly.
View the feeds at www2.parliament.sa.gov.au/broadcast/LiveBroadcast.html
Internode Accounts and Support
Access to My Internode and other Internode webtools is also unmetered, including data access to check your usage with any of the usage meters available for use with Internode broadband.
This means that you don't increase your usage when you check your current usage level!
Important Information about Unmetered Sites
Service and Plan Eligibility
Unmetered access is offered explicitly for the following service/plan types only:
- Easy Broadband, Easy Naked, Easy Bundle and Easy Reach plans.
- Easy plans with Power and Business packs (note: important caveat for Business Packs and Business ADSL customers, see below).
- Previously available Home and SOHO ADSL broadband plans.
- Previously available Business ADSL plans (note: important caveat for Business Packs and Business ADSL customers, see below).
- Regional Fixed Wireless Broadband including NBN Fixed-Wireless (except for Netflix Australia content) and Agile Fixed-Wireless plans.
- Fibre to the Home plans (including NBN Fibre, Opticomm and OPENetworks Estates, Reach Fibre, and Reach Fibre South Brisbane).
If your service type does not explicitly appear in the list above, unmetered content will count toward your monthly usage/quota.
Limitations and Considerations
- The unmetering facility will not work if you use a web access 'proxy' or VPN. If you access unmetered sites using a web proxy or VPN, all resulting usage will be metered.
- Netflix Australia content is not unmetered for NBN Fixed-Wireless services or when accessed via IPv6.
- Unmetering only applies to downloads. All uploads (including transmission acknowledgements and other overheads) will be counted against your quota.
- Access to these sites from other forms of Internode access links currently remains metered (and contributes to assessed download totals), due to data measuring technology limitations present at this time.
- Unmetered data is not currently supported over IPv6. If this represents a concern for you, we recommend that you turn off IPv6 for your service.
- Access to unmetered sites will initially appear in your measured usage totals, and will then be 'wound back' off your usage afterwards. This adjustment normally occurs within a few hours.
- Internode is not responsible for metering of downloads that may occur if you inadvertently link to a site that is external to the unmetered site list. It is your responsibility to ensure that your downloads are sourced from an unmetered site.
- The unmetering facility is a value-added feature of selected Internode Broadband services. Internode reserves the option to vary the benefits offered by this feature in the future.
- Under some circumstances (and as minimally as we can possibly manage), we may need to constrain access to some unmetered sites via rate shaping, during periods of intense demand. This applies especially to file servers in the unmetered site list. Customers requiring faster access to such sites are advised to consider downloading the required data from an alternative (metered) site if faster access is required.
- The list of unmetered sites is subject to change over time. It is important, before undertaking any large quantity of data downloading from these sites, that you reconfirm that your intended source site is in the currently configured list of unmetered sites. While in general we expect that the list will grow, rather than shrink, we may need to remove sites from this list in future. So please come back and re-check this web site whenever you wish to make sure that your notion of 'unmetered' is still the accurate one. View a list of IP addresses that are unmetered.
- Business Pack and Business ADSL Customers Only: Business ADSL access to unmetered sites is only available when accessing the sites using the static IP addresses that Internode assigns directly your Business ADSL service (either 1 or 5 IP address, depending on the option that you have ordered). The unmetered sites feature does not work if you access these sites using any additional static IP address ranges routed to your location using a GRE/IP tunnel or framed route. Access from such 'additional' IP address ranges does not benefit from this unmetering facility, and access to the above-mentioned sites will be metered under this specific circumstance.