This guide is suitable for Billion 7800N routers on ADSL, NBN, or Fibre to the Home (FTTH) connections.
What we'll cover:
- connecting your Fetch TV set top box to your router
- logging into your router
- setting up your router for Fetch TV Full
Not what you're looking for? Try the ADSL Setup Guide or the Wireless Setup Guide.
Billion Cable Setup
Fetch TV cable setup for ADSL
Figure 1: Example cable setup for Fetch TV with ADSL.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the EWAN port on your Billion router to the RJ45 port on the back of your Fetch TV set top box.
Fetch TV cable setup for NBN/FTTH
Figure 2: Example cable setup for Fetch TV with NBN or Fibre to the Home.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the EWAN port on your Billion router to the Fibre broadband data point.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from an Ethernet port on your Billion router to the RJ45 port on the back of your Fetch TV set top box.
Logging into the Billion router
- Ensure that your computer is connected to your Billion router with an Ethernet cable.
- Open your preferred web browser, e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enteron your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.254 (this is known as an IP Address)
Figure 3: Entering the IP address to access the router
- The modem Log In page will open. You will be prompted for a username and password.
- Click OK to log in to the router.
Configuring your Billion 7800N router for Fetch TV
- Log in to the router as per the instructions above.
- If you have an NBN or Fibre to the Home connection, skip to Step 4.
- Click on the Advanced link on the left side of the page. The menu will change.
- Click the Configuration link, and further items will appear.
- Click WAN and further options will appear underneath.
- Click WAN Profile.
Figure 4: The Billion 7800N Advanced Menu
- If the IP TV/VOD applications option is present, select 1: Internode: Video: 1 PVC(8/34) and press Select.
- The Billion 7800N will configure the bridge settings for you, and reboot. Proceed to Step 4.
- If the IP TV/VOD applications option is not present, proceed instead to Step 3.
- Select Pure Bridge from the Protocol drop down menu.
- Type 8 into the VPI text box.
- Type 34 into the VCI text box.
- Click the Add button on the bottom left of the page
Figure 5: The Billion 7800N WAN Profile screen
- Click the Advanced link on the left. More options will appear underneath.
- Click the IGMP link.
- If you are on ADSL2+, then:
- Set IGMP Forwarding (or IGMP Proxy) to disable.
- Set IGMP Snooping to enable.
Figure 6: Setting IGMP Forwarding and IGMP Snooping for ADSL2+
- If you are on a FTTH/NBN connection, then:
- Set IGMP Forwarding (or IGMP Proxy) to enable.
- Set IGMP Snooping to enable.
Figure 7: Setting IGMP Forwarding and IGMP Snooping for FTTH/NBN
- Now to save the configuration to flash.
- Click the Save Config link down the bottom right of the page.
- Click the Apply button on the following screen to complete the Save.
Figure 8: Saving your configuration
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your Billion 7800N for a Fetch TV service.
If you're looking to also set up your ADSL or Wireless service for your Billion router, please refer to our other guides:
If you are having trouble setting up your router or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.