Terms and Conditions
- Setup Charges
- Standardised Cost Information
- Critical Information Summary
- Total Minimum Cost
- Hardware Requirements
- General Terms and Conditions
NodeMobile is a SIM-only service - you'll need to bring your own mobile phone handset.
- A NodeMobile SIM, MicroSIM, or NanoSIM will cost you $10; and
- This $10 setup fee includes delivery in Australia.
You can sign up for NodeMobile and get a new mobile phone number, or you can port your existing mobile phone number from available carriers for no extra charge.
NodeMobile is a 'post-paid' mobile phone service. It's billed monthly, with plan rental charges billed in advance. Any charges that are not covered by the plan's included value are billed in arrears.
Because NodeMobile services are billed calendar monthly, your first month's billing may be pro-rated from the day your service is activated, to the end of the calendar month in which your service is activated. More information is available in our Billing FAQ.
There's no early cancellation charge with NodeMobile. This is a month-to-month plan with no lock-in contract.
You can request a plan change at any time on your NodeMobile service.
- Plan changes take effect at the start of the next calendar month, which means your billing period will also start from each calendar month. See the Billing FAQ for more information.
- See our Typical Usage guide for help estimating your monthly Internet usage requirements.
You can request a plan change via the NodeMobile Toolbox.
|2 Minute Standard National Mobile Call||A 2 minute national mobile call will cost $2.15.|
|Standard National Mobile SMS||A standard national mobile SMS will cost $0.25.|
|One Megabyte of Data within Australia||Any excess data above your monthly inclusion will automatically be charged at $10 per gigabyte (GB) or part thereof.|
The Critical Information Summary contains plan and pricing information for NodeMobile.
- Download the current Critical Information Summary for NodeMobile
- View archived Critical Information Summaries for NodeMobile
The following table shows the total minimum cost for each NodeMobile plan - that is, the standard setup charge of $10 for SIM and delivery, and one month of NodeMobile plan rental.
|NodeMobile Business Plan||Starter||Value||Standard||Premium||Platinum|
The Total Minimum Cost for each NodeMobile plan includes one month of NodeMobile plan rental, plus the NodeMobile setup fee of $10. Call charges and data usage beyond the included value are additional.
|Total Minimum Cost||$25.00||$29.99||$34.99||$39.99||$47.99|
You will need a compatible mobile phone handset to use NodeMobile. The NodeMobile service is delivered via the Optus mobile network. Your handset must be compatible with this network and meet Australian standards.
We do not provide technical support for your handset.
All quoted pricing includes GST.
Your Agreement with Internode
When you apply for NodeMobile, you should be aware that you are entering an agreement with Internode.
When you sign up for a service you agree to the Internode Customer Relationship Agreement and Internode NodeMobile Service Description. These are Internode's standard terms and conditions for the Internode NodeMobile service.
Important Information about NodeMobile services
- NodeMobile services are for personal and immediate family or business use only - no resale is permitted.
- NodeMobile is not suitable for Blackberry devices. Services such as Internet, Messenger, and Email are not available.
- Billing period starts from the 1st of each calendar month. The first month's NodeMobile charges and included value are pro-rated to align to the end of the calendar month following activation.
- Unused monthly included value does not roll-over into the following month.
- Included data quota is counted as the total of downloads plus uploads, and does not cover international roaming.
- Internode reserves the right to restrict services once monthly billings are greater than $500.
- Definitions (in accordance with Australian ISP conventions):
- 1 MB or 1 Mbyte is 1 Megabyte = 1,000,000 bytes.
- 1 GB or 1 Gbyte is 1 Gigabyte = 1,000 Megabytes.
Important Caveat Regarding Spend Management
The ability to control how much you spend is a key feature of NodeMobile. However, billing data is not received instantly by Internode after usage has occurred, and may be delayed by 2–3 days. This may be significantly longer in the case of International Roaming.
This delay means that spend limits can be out of date by the time they are applied. It's important to be aware that you remain responsible for charges due to usage beyond the spend limit.
Call and data usage charges apply beyond the included value and/or spend limit. For more information about these charges, see Call Rates.
For more information on Spend Management, see Features.
Billing Date Adjustment
To comply with the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code, some Internode customers will need to have their billing date adjusted. This is because any excess charges on your service need to be invoiced soon after the closure of the billing period, which is at the end of each calendar month for NodeMobile.
This means that your monthly billing date will be moved to between the 5th and the 10th of each month. Please note that this is simply a change in the date that your bill is raised. It does not affect the monthly billing period of any of your other Internode services.
Other Billing Information
Tax invoices, Internode Bulletins, and automated usage warning messages are sent to your Internode email address. You can automatically forward these emails to another email address if required, via our online Email Management system.
As per the Internode Customer Relationship Agreement, payment for all recurring charges is required monthly in advance. This means that your first invoice will have the setup fee (if applicable) and the monthly plan fees for your service for the first two months (the first month will be pro-rated).
Your SIM must be activated within 28 days from the date of your NodeMobile order. Billing will usually begin within 7 days of the SIM being activated.
Posting of paper invoices is available, but discouraged for environmental reasons. If requested, this will attract a $1.50 surcharge per invoice. Surcharges also apply to credit card payments. Full details on surcharges and payment options are available on our Accounts and Billing pages.