Frequently Asked Questions about Business Number Porting
- Can I continue to receive calls during the porting process?
- My Phone service is critical to my business operation; can I port my number out of hours?
- Is there any way to test my setup before I port my number range?
- Can I make calls up until the porting happens?
- How long does it take before I can port my numbers?
- How will I know the porting is complete?
- Will any termination fees apply with my existing service provider?
- I think I am under a contract of some sort?
- I need to reschedule my porting appointment.
- Things have changed; I need to completely cancel my porting request.
- I already have a Business Trunk Service.
- Now I have a Ported Number but want to move my Business.
- Currently my phone service is inactive.
- What happens if something goes wrong?
- I have a line I use for faxes—can I port that to my NodePhone Business Trunk?
- I also have PSTN lines separate to my 100 number range I wish to port.
- I need to port my numbers away from Internode.
We will contact you at the scheduled time to confirm that porting is about to commence. Once this happens, there will be approximately a 15 minute period where calls are not possible. This allows all the relevant information about your numbers to be updated and checked by Internode and your previous provider.
After this time we will work with you and your integrator to ensure the port has been successful.
Standard porting hours are 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on any business day.
It is possible to organise 'Extended porting hours'. This allows porting between 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on business days. However, there will be a charge for this: please see the Important Notes about Business Phone Number Porting.
Yes. Once your existing provider confirms that your number range can be ported, we will supply you with a fully serviced NodePhone Business Trunk. You can configure and test your installation using this Business Trunk. When we port your number range, we will port into this Business Trunk service. This reduces the chance of configuration issues during the port process.
Yes, but incoming calls will be blocked during the port. Also outbound calls cannot occur once we contact you to instigate the port. If there are active calls, we will not be able to proceed.
There is a minimum of 30 business days of preparation and scheduling required before the actual port can occur. We recommend that you plan two months ahead.
We'll call you at the scheduled time to start the process. Once porting is complete, we'll call again to let you know. You should do some testing when this happens to ensure you can receive and make calls.
Most service providers have an administration fee for porting out. Please contact your current supplier for more details.
Please check with your current provider. You may have outstanding contractual obligations, or incur cancellation charges from them, by porting your number range.
Make sure you give us a minimum of 24 hours notice in advance. We will reschedule your porting appointment with your existing service provider.
If we receive less than 24 hours notice, we will receive a rescheduling fee from your current service provider. We will pass this rescheduling fee on to you.
Tell us as soon as possible. If we haven't already validated your request or scheduled an appointment then we should be able to cancel your request without incurring any fees. Otherwise the cancellation fee is equivalent to the porting-in fee.
No problems. Simply let us know about your existing Business Trunk. Provided the numbers are for the same delivery address, we'll add your ported number range(s) to your existing service. Or we can create a new Business Trunk service for you.
This is not a problem, as long as you are moving within the same city or greater metropolitan region that your number was issued for. You'll need to inform us so that we can update the address associated with your number (this is also for emergency services).
Remember you will also need appropriate Internode Internet access at the new location, so you can access your NodePhone Business Trunk.
Telephone numbers can only be ported from an active account. If a number is disconnected, or associated with a suspended account, then it cannot be ported and will be rejected.
In the rare event that something goes wrong after port completion, we offer a 4 hour window where you can request an Emergency Reversal to your previous provider. These are extremely expensive!
We recommend that you test your VoIP hardware with a NodePhone Business Trunk before the scheduled porting date. Emergency Reversal, if required, is usually due to incorrect or incompatible hardware configurations.
Internode does not recommend this, as we don't currently support faxing. If you do port your fax number we cannot ensure that you will be able to send and receive faxes.
At this time NodePhone Business Trunks only support 100 number ranges. However, we intend to offer this in the future.
The following charges will apply when using a Business Number Port away (this can also be referred to by some carriers as a Cat-C port). Some service providers will even use this method of porting a single number away from Internode. If porting away please check with your new provider, as this will affect the fee we charge.
The price to port a number away during standard hours:
- Porting hours are 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. (Australian Eastern Standard Time—that is, NSW time) on a business day.
- Port out: $200 per attempt for a Business port away.
Extended hours are available, on special request, for $400 per port away.
- Extended hours are 7.00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. (Australian Eastern Standard Time—that is, NSW time) on a business day.
- NOTE: this could be a single number or a 100 number range.