Terms and Conditions
- Setting up an Internode NodePhone VoIP Service
- Critical Information Summary
- Total Minimum Cost
- Hardware Requirements
- General Terms and Conditions
NodePhone VoIP Service: Setup Charge
There's no setup charge for a basic NodePhone VoIP service with a single new telephone number.
Please refer to the NodePhone VoIP Business Trunks page for detailed information regarding the setup charges for 100 number 'indial' VoIP trunk services. These provide a cost-effective alternative to ISDN for the connection of corporate IP PABX telephone systems.
If you wish to move an existing telephone number to NodePhone VoIP, the following charges apply:
- For Naked and Simple phone number ports there is no number porting charge as of 06/06/2018.
- For a business migrating to a complete IP telephony solution, NodePhone VoIP Business Trunks has the facility to port in existing 100 number indial ranges. Porting of 100 number ranges starts from $480 - learn more about Business Number Porting.
There's no early cancellation charge for a basic NodePhone VoIP service with a single telephone number allocated by Internode.
More complex business VoIP solutions are sold on the basis of a 12 month minimum contract term commitment: NodePhone VoIP Business Trunks are VoIP services with multiple channels and 100 number indial number ranges, used for the connection of corporate IP PBX telephone systems.
Charge for Porting Out a NodePhone Number
In general, numbers that have been ported to NodePhone VoIP can be ported back to the original provider. Please note that charges apply if you wish to port out your NodePhone VoIP number:
- A $50 administration fee applies to port out a NodePhone VoIP number, unless your new provider request us to use a Business Number Port-Out (in which case the Business Number Port fees apply).
- You will need to check with your new provider which method they are using, as this is outside of our control.
NodePhone VoIP delivers a reliable and cost-effective voice-over-IP telephone service, and can make and receive calls to & from other NodePhone VoIP services; and to & from the Public Switched Telephone Network. Also included at no extra charge is incoming Caller ID, along with a sophisticated voicemail service featuring voicemail as email.
A range of monthly plans are available, and all include a monthly call credit - ranging from $10 monthly credit on the $5 per month Starter plan; right up to $2,000 monthly credit on the $1,000 per month plan!
This credit is applied to all types of NodePhone VoIP call charges - including local, national, mobiles and international.
- On your monthly billing date, our billing system checks the calls on your call billing record in the last month. It then applies a call credit amount according to the plan that you are on.
- Please note that this only applies to calls that we have processed for billing purposes at that time. You may have made calls during that period that have not yet been processed, and these will be applied to a subsequent invoice.
- Call charges will first be deducted from any included monthly call credit. Any additional calls will be charged in arrears on your monthly invoice. Unused call credit does not rollover to subsequent months.
NodePhone MultiLine and NodePhone Business Trunks
- NodePhone MultiLine is a feature of NodePhone VoIP that enables additional simultaneous calls; and may be used in conjunction with a business IP PABX phone system. Additional charges apply - please refer to the NodePhone VoIP MultiLine page for further information.
- NodePhone Business Trunks also enables additional simultaneous calls and more significantly supports 100 number 'indial' number ranges; as an alternative to ISDN for connecting a corporate IP PBX phone system. Additional charges apply - please refer to the NodePhone VoIP Business Trunks page for further information.
NodePhone VoIP Plan Changes
There are no once-off charges to change from one NodePhone VoIP plan to another NodePhone VoIP plan.
- Note that any changes requested will take effect at the start of your next billing period - please use the online plan changer to request a plan change.
All calls are charged based entirely on the destination of the call, not the source of the call. Call charges may change over time - full details are available on the Call Rates page.
The Critical Information Summary contains plan and pricing information for NodePhone VoIP.
- Download the current Critical Information Summary for NodePhone VoIP
- View archived Critical Information Summaries for NodePhone VoIP
With no setup charges and no early cancellation charges on a basic NodePhone VoIP service, the total minimum cost is simply the monthly rental of the NodePhone VoIP plan that you select!
Call charges (beyond the plan inclusion) are additional and number porting fees may apply.
- NodePhone VoIP MultiLine incurs additional charges ($20 configuration and $10 per additional channel per month or part thereof).
- NodePhone VoIP Business Trunks involving a 12 month minimum contract term commitment; more detailed pricing information on these products is provided following the solution design.
You'll need approved hardware to use a NodePhone VoIP service - such as the all-in-one FRITZ!Box routers. Learn more on our VoIP Hardware page.
- An IP PBX is required to use NodePhone MultiLine or NodePhone Business Trunks - please refer to the list of systems integrators on these pages.
All quoted pricing includes GST.
Your Agreement with Internode
When you apply for Internode NodePhone VoIP, you should be aware that you are entering an agreement with Internode.
When you sign up for a service you agree to the Internode Customer Relationship Agreement and the Internode NodePhone VoIP Service Description. These are Internode's standard terms and conditions for the NodePhone VoIP service.
We have highlighted below some of the important limitations of the NodePhone service:
- Priority Assistance is not available
We do not offer priority assistance, nor support for medi-alert services and monitored alarm systems. Priority assistance is offered by Telstra for people who may be reliant on a telephone service because of a serious medical condition. If you have a medi-alert or priority assistance service or believe that you are eligible, please consider this before proceeding with your order.
- No Access to 19/1900 Premium Numbers
Be aware that 19/1900 premium rate numbers cannot be called from a NodePhone VoIP service.
- Internode does not currently provide support for teletypewriter equipment.
Billing & Notifications
Invoices, Internode Bulletins, and usage warnings are sent to your Internode email address or nominated billing address. When your service is activated, you'll receive a configuration sheet with the details of your Internode email address.
As per the Internode Customer Relationship Agreement, payment is required in advance. You will be required to pay the setup fee and any equipment costs (if applicable) and the first monthly fee upon provisioning of your service. Billing will commence upon activation of the service.
NodePhone has a monthly billing arrangement, and any requested changes to your account (for example, plan change) is actioned by our system at the start of the next billing period. Existing Internode broadband customers simply have the NodePhone charges added to their existing billing arrangement.
Posting of paper invoices is available, but discouraged for environmental reasons. If requested, this will attract a $1.50 surcharge per invoice. Surcharges also apply to credit card payments. Full details on surcharges and payment options are available on our Accounts and Billing pages.