Exporting and Importing a Backup of your Mailbox in Outlook for Mac
Outlook for Mac allows you to export your mailbox as a .olm Data File which can then be re-imported to your new mailbox profile.
For more help with Outlook and data files, please visit Microsoft Support.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Exporting mailbox content to a .olm file
- On the Tools tab, choose Export.
- In the Export to Archive File (.olm) box, check the items you want to export, and choose Continue.
- In the Save As box, under Favorites, choose the folder you wish to save the file to, and click Save.
- Once your data has been exported, you'll get a notification. Click Finish.
Importing mailbox content from a .olm file
Once your backup is complete, you can then import your emails back into Outlook for Mac. Imported items appear on the navigation panes (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Notes) under On My Computer.
- On the Tools tab, choose Import.
- In the Import box, select Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm).
- Click Continue.
- Locate the .olm file on your Mac, and then choose Import.