Terms and Conditions
- Setting up an Internode Easy Broadband ADSL2+ Service
- Critical Information Summary
- Total Minimum Cost
- Hardware Requirements
- General Terms and Conditions
Subject to the below terms, there are no standard setup fees or early termination charges for this product. Your only commitment is the 'one month rolling contract' that is inherent in paying one month's rental in advance on your service.
|Setup Method||Monthly Contract|
|Any cabling that is required in your premises beyond the network boundary point is your cost and responsibility.|
|Single Service Migration (from Internode ADSL via Telstra DSLAM)||$0|
|Single Service Transfer (from another ISP)||$0|
|Establish New Service (on suitable existing telephone line)||$0|
Please refer to the Transfer page for more information, or call us on 13 66 33 if you need any help.
- There are no specific cancellation charges for this product on a Monthly Contract.
- Cancelling your broadband service will also cancel any other Internode products you've purchased that are only available when bundled with broadband. If those products have their own contract, you are liable for their associated early cancellation charges.
Easy Broadband Plan Changes
Your broadband requirements may change over time, so you're not locked in to a particular monthly quota.
- There are no once-off charges to move from one Easy Broadband plan to another Easy Broadband plan.
- You can request plan changes at any time via our online plan change tool, whether you are within a contract term or not. Your plan change will take effect at the start of your next billing period.
- Remember you can use Data Blocks if you need an instant quota upgrade.
- See our Typical Usage guide for help estimating your monthly Internet usage requirements.
The Broadband Bundling Discount
You can use another service provider for the telephone service associated with your Easy Broadband, and pay the standard monthly plan pricing.
However, Easy Broadband plans are eligible for a monthly bundling discount if the associated phone service is Internode's NodeLine Home Value. Transferring to NodeLine is easy - you retain your current phone number and keep using your phone in exactly the same way. Please note that a 3 month minimum term applies to NodeLine.
Bundling your Easy Broadband with NodeLine really can save you money!
The Critical Information Summary contains plan and pricing information for Easy Broadband ADSL2+.
- Download the current Critical Information Summary for Easy Broadband ADSL2+
- View archived Critical Information Summaries for Easy Broadband ADSL2+
If Easy Broadband is bundled with NodeLine, please see the Critical Information Summary for plan and pricing information for NodeLine.
- Download the current Critical Information Summary for NodeLine
- View archived Critical Information Summaries for NodeLine
The total minimum cost depends on the setup option and plan that you select, as shown in the following table. Please note that if you need to purchase equipment or arrange premises cabling, then your total costs may be higher.
Total Minimum Cost - Monthly Contract
The following table shows the total minimum cost on a monthly contract for each plan.
|Easy Broadband ADSL2+||500 GB||Unlimited GB|
* These prices are applicable only in conjunction with a NodeLine phone service.
† Because NodeLine Home Phone has a 3 month minimum term, the Total Minimum Cost for Bundled broadband and NodeLine Home Phone has been calculated over 3 months. It includes the standard setup charge ($0 for a new service connection or single service transfer), 3 months of Easy Broadband plan rental at the bundled (discounted) price, and 3 months of NodeLine service rental at $29.95 per month. NodeLine setup fees (if applicable) are additional.
|Total Minimum Cost
Broadband only at standalone price
|Total Minimum Cost *
Broadband only at bundled (discounted) price
|$30.04 *||$50.04 *|
|Total Minimum Cost *
Bundled broadband price + NodeLine Home Phone
|$179.97 †||$239.97 †|
You will require an ADSL router to connect your Easy Broadband service. If you don’t already have one, Internode can sell you a suitable device at additional cost.
All quoted pricing includes GST.
Your Agreement with Internode
When you apply for Internode Easy Broadband, you should be aware that you are entering an agreement with Internode.
When you sign up for a service you agree to the Internode Customer Relationship Agreement and Internode ADSL Service Description. These are Internode's standard terms and conditions for the Easy Broadband service.
The Performance of Easy Broadband Services
The maximum possible speed of an Easy Broadband ADSL2+ service will depend on a number of factors. These include the length and quality of the phone line that links your premises to your local telephone exchange, and the type of ADSL modem or router that you are using.
Internode does not guarantee that customers who select the Easy Broadband plans will be able to obtain the maximum theoretical speed.
For more information, see our Easy Broadband performance page.
Important Information about Easy Broadband services
- Any cabling that is required in your premises beyond the network boundary point is your cost and responsibility.
- You will need to maintain a 'basic telephone service' at all times. If you cancel your telephone service, your broadband connection will also be cancelled. We recommend NodeLine as a suitable telephone service for this purpose.
- Incorrect Call-Out Fee: If we attend your premises to repair a Fault reported by you, but we determine that there is no Fault or the Fault is caused by Your Equipment, we may charge you a fee of $135 for attendance plus $40 per 15 minutes there-after with a 15 minute minimum.
- If you have an alarm system or PABX attached to your current telephone service, it may need to be rewired by your security or communications company, at your expense.
- No resale of bandwidth
Internode Broadband services provide access for personal and immediate family or business use only.
- Single location only
Internode Broadband services are designed to allow one concurrent router login on one specific physical connection (you can of course have multiple users sharing this connection). Logging in at a different physical location to the location associated with the connection may fail to work, or may incur an additional cost of $1 per connected hour.
- Dynamic IP address
A dynamic IP address is supplied by default. If you need a static IP address, select a Power Pack or Business Pack. IPv6 addressing is also available if supported by your equipment.
- Uploads + Downloads
The monthly quota allocation on Internode Easy Broadband services is counted as the sum of both uploads and downloads. If you select a Power Pack or Business Pack, your quota allocation is counted in the download direction only.
- No Unmetered Data
The current Easy Broadband plans (released 14/07/2016) are not eligible for any unmetered data inclusions. All data on these plans is counted as metered usage of your monthly data quota.
- Definitions (in accordance with Australian ISP conventions):
- 1 MB or 1 Mbyte is 1 Megabyte = 1,000,000 bytes.
- 1 GB or 1 Gbyte is 1 Gigabyte = 1,000 Megabytes.
- 1 TB or 1 Tbyte is 1 Terabyte = 1,000 Gigabytes.
Automatic ADSL Service Cancellations
Please be aware that your Easy Broadband service will be automatically cancelled by Telstra, and you will need to order a new ADSL service, in the following circumstances:
- If your telephone account is cancelled.
- If you order an ADSL-incompatible product on the telephone line that the ADSL is delivered on.
We strongly advise that you contact our Sales team to discuss any pending changes to your phone service prior to making those changes.
If you plan to move premises—even if you're taking the same number with you—please contact our Sales team online or call us on 13 66 33. We'll ensure a smooth transition.
Billing & Notifications
Invoices, Internode Bulletins, and usage warnings are sent to your Internode email address or nominated billing address. When your service is activated, you'll receive a configuration sheet with the details of your Internode email address.
If you have ordered hardware you will be required to pay for it by credit card before it is sent to you. As per the Internode Customer Relationship Agreement, payment for all recurring charges is required monthly in advance. This means that your first invoice will have the setup fee (if applicable) and the monthly plan fees for your service for the first 2 months. Billing will begin within 7 days of the service being provisioned by our carrier, or earlier if you have registered a successful login.
No charges apply until the service is confirmed as deliverable by our carrier.
Posting of paper invoices is available, but discouraged for environmental reasons. If requested, this will attract a $1.50 surcharge per invoice. Surcharges also apply to credit card payments. Full details on surcharges and payment options are available on our Accounts and Billing pages.