NodeLine Home Phone Frequently Asked Questions
- What is NodeLine?
- Can I get NodeLine?
- Can I keep my current phone number?
- How long does it take to get connected?
- How do I request Call Packs or optional features like VoiceMail?
- Can I have NodeLine and NodePhone VoIP at the same time?
- Can I change my NodeLine plan?
- Are there any limitations or other information I should be aware of?
- How do I use the included features?
NodeLine is a traditional home telephone service, delivered over the copper access network. All you need to do is plug a standard phone in, and make calls.
Most Internode customers (unless they're on a Naked service) already rent a similar service from another telecommunications provider. And many of our ADSL products - including Easy Broadband and Easy Reach - are delivered over the same copper pair.
It's very likely. Because NodeLine uses the Telstra Fixed Line network, it's available almost everywhere in Australia.
Yes - if your current phone service is delivered via the Telstra fixed line network.
If you're transferring an existing service, it typically takes between 2–5 working days to set up a NodeLine connection. This may be longer in regional areas.
New services may take between 2–10 working days - depending on the setup type. Again, this may take longer in regional areas. For more information, see our Transfer page.
You'll have an opportunity to add call packs or optional features when you sign up.
Once you've signed up, you can add or remove call packs online through My Internode. If you want to add or remove optional features - such as Voice Mail or Incoming Caller ID - simply contact our billing team online.
Certainly! The two services are independent of each other, and its common to have both:
- NodeLine: a traditional landline phone service, needed with broadband services such as Easy Reach or Easy Broadband; and
- NodePhone VoIP: which uses your broadband connection for high quality, low cost voice-over-IP phone calls.
You can keep your current phone number on the highly reliable NodeLine phone service. And you can add a virtual second phone line - with great value call rates - with NodePhone VoIP.
Yes. If you're on the previous NodeLine plan (HomePlus - $34.95 with $5 included calls per month) simply submit a support request to change to the current plan.
There is no charge for this plan change. There is also no change to your NodeLine contractual agreement or bundling benefit.
Important points you need to know about NodeLine:
- We do not offer priority assistance, nor support for medi-alert services and monitored alarm systems. Priority assistance is offered by Telstra for people who may be reliant on a telephone service because of a serious medical condition. If you have a medi-alert or priority assistance service or believe that you are eligible, please consider this before proceeding with your order.
- We do not currently support teletypewriter equipment.
- Calls to 19/1900 Premium services are not available through NodeLine. In general these aren't great value, and we'd rather not have the billing dispute, so they are simply not available.
- The Local, National, and Mobile Call Pack does not include calls to 13/1300 numbers.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy applies to all included calls.
- If you pre-select your long distance calls away from NodeLine, we'll charge you an extra $5 per month. That's the deal.
- NodeLine Home services are designed for residential applications. If you need a business phone service, simply select NodeLine Business instead.
Please see the NodeLine Feature Codes guide for detailed instructions on using the included features.