About the Internode Mailbox Manager
Mailbox Manager allows you to create or remove extra email addresses (mailboxes) for family or staff members. Each Extra Mailbox has a unique username and password, and stores email separately from other accounts.
Your Internode account entitles you to 5 free Mailboxes in total: 1 Primary Mailbox and 4 Extra Mailboxes. Additional mailboxes beyond this limit cannot be created through Mailbox Manager, and incur a charge - see our Email Product Features for full details.
You will be asked to choose a username and password when you create an Extra Mailbox. The username is used to create your email address, in the form email@example.com
You may change a mailbox password at any time, but the username (and derived email address) is fixed. If you need to change an email address you must create a new Extra Mailbox, then remove the unwanted original.
- Your Primary Mailbox is used for Internet access and cannot be altered using Mailbox Manager. If you need to change your Primary Mailbox, please contact our Support Team.
- If you own a personal domain and would like to configure domain aliases, or if you have a Biz Bundle service, please lodge a Support Request.
Using Mailbox Manager
You can access Mailbox Manager directly, or by logging into My Internode:
- Log in to My Internode using your Internode username and password.
(Lost your password? Click here!)
- Select Manage Mailboxes under My Email in the menu.
Once logged in, you'll see a list of your currently configured mailboxes, and you'll be able to add or remove mailboxes, or change their passwords.
To add an Extra Mailbox:
- Click the Add Extra Mailbox button at the top of Mailbox Manager.
- You will be taken to the Add Extra Mailbox screen.
- Enter a Mailbox Username - this will become the email address,
that is, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a password for the Extra Mailbox and type this into the Password field.
- Confirm the password by retyping it into Confirm Mailbox Password.
- Click Add Extra Mailbox to create your Extra Mailbox.
NOTE: Once you have created your Extra Mailbox (and if you wish to use an email client such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook), follow the appropriate Online Setup Guide to set up your email client.
|Figure 1: The 'Add Extra Mailbox' Screen
To remove an Extra Mailbox:
- From the Mailbox Manager menu, locate the mailbox you wish to remove, and click the corresponding Remove Mailbox button.
NOTE: If this button is not displayed, Mailbox Manager cannot remove the mailbox. Contact our Support Team for more information.
- You will be asked to confirm that you'd like to remove the Extra Mailbox. Click Remove Extra Mailbox to remove the mailbox.
NOTE: If you receive an error message while removing an Extra Mailbox, follow the on-screen instructions to correct the problem and remove the mailbox.
- If you remove a mailbox, any messages stored within it will be deleted.
- If you remove a mailbox, any messages sent to it will not be delivered to you.
|Figure 2: The 'Remove Extra Mailbox' Screen
To change an Extra Mailbox Password
- From the Mailbox Manager menu, locate the mailbox you wish to remove, and click the corresponding Change Password button.
NOTE: If this button is not displayed, Mailbox Manager cannot change the mailbox password. Contact our Support Team for more information.
- The Change Mailbox Password screen will be displayed. Create a new password for the Extra Mailbox and type this into the New Password field.
- Confirm the new password by retyping it into Confirm New Password.
- Click Change Mailbox Password to complete the change.
|Figure 3: The 'Change Mailbox Password' Screen
Configuring your Mail Client for your Extra Mailboxes
Once you have changed your mailboxes using Mailbox Manager, we recommend you adjust your mail client's settings to send and receive email from each of your Extra Mailboxes.
You will find detailed instructions for configuring a range of popular mail clients on the Internode Email Configuration Page.
Further customising your Internode Mail Services
In addition to creating and removing additional mailboxes, Internode provide a number of special email features which are not configurable via Mailbox Manager: