Why is there a delay in number porting?
The telecommunications industry, including Internode, relies on Telstra to handle almost all porting transactions between providers.
Unfortunately, Telstra has advised that due to the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on its operations, they are unable to process porting transactions until at least 6 April 2020. Learn more.
What does this mean for Internode customers?
This means that at this stage, we are unable to port your home phone number from another provider to Internode.
- We can continue to connect all internet services;
- If your plan includes a phone service with a new number, you will be able to make and receive calls;
- However, if your plan includes a phone service with a port request for an existing phone number, you will not be able receive incoming calls to your existing phone number until your port request is completed.
- Once the service is installed, billing will commence.
What options do customers have?
- Choose to wait until Telstra resumes porting activities for your phone number port to be completed; or
- Choose a new phone number instead. Important: if you select this option, you may lose the ability to get your existing phone number back later.
Due to the expected delays and the potential of losing the ability to receive incoming calls, we recommend customers request a new phone number on any applications.