Email configuration for iOS (iPhone, iPod, and iPad)
This guide is suitable for Apple iOS - iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
What we'll cover:
- Configuring an Internode email account on an Apple mobile device
- Open Settings.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
|Figure 1: Mail, Contacts, Calendars|
- Select Add Account…
|Figure 2: Select Add Account|
- Select Other.
|Figure 3: "Other" at the bottom of the Add Account screen|
- Select Add Mail Account at the top of the screen.
|Figure 4: The 'Add Mail Account' button|
Enter your account information:
- Name: Enter your given name or business name - this is how your name appears when people receive email from you.
- Address: Enter your Internode email address, for example: [email protected]
- Password: Enter your Internode password.
- Description: Create a description for the account, for example: Internode Mail. This helps you identify this account if you have more than one email address set up on your iOS device.
- Tap Next at the top-right corner of the screen.
|Figure 5: Entering your account details|
- Your iOS device will verify your settings and configure your email account. Once it has finished verifying your account, your device will display the following screen:
- Tap Save at the top-right corner of the screen.
|Figure 6: Select Save to save your email account|
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your Internode email account on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
Still not working?
Your iOS device should automatically detect the correct settings, but in the event that it does not, then you may need to adjust the Advanced Settings manually:
Tap on Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select your Internode account from the list.
Your iOS device will show a basic settings screen - click your Account again to change your settings.
|Figure 7: Basic mail and notes settings in iOS|
You should then see your account information. Make sure it is as follows:
- Name: Your name - as you would like it to appear when people receive email from you.
- Email: Your Internode email address, for example: [email protected]
- Host Name: mail.internode.on.net
- User Name: Your Internode email address
- SMTP: mail.internode.on.net
|Figure 8: Correct account settings for Internode email|
Once all your information is correct, click Done at the top-right corner of the screen.
If you are having trouble setting up email or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.