Email configuration for Windows Phone 7
This guide is suitable for Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 7.5 ("WP7").
What we'll cover:
- Configuring an Internode email account on a Windows Phone 7
- From your phone's Start screen, locate Settings then skip to Step 3.
- If Settings is not pinned to your Start screen, then flick left or click the arrow at the top right of the main screen to get to the Applications list.
|Figure 1: The Windows Phone 7 'Start' screen|
- Scroll down the list of Applications until you find Settings.
NOTE: The list is in alphabetical order.
|Figure 2: Locating 'Settings' in the Application List|
- The Settings screen will be displayed. Click on email & accounts.
|Figure 3: Locating 'email & accounts' in the Settings screen|
- Select add an account from the top of the list.
|Figure 4: Select 'Add an account'|
- Select other account (POP and IMAP) from the list. You may need to scroll down to see all the options.
|Figure 5: Select 'Other account'|
- In the Email address field, enter your Internode email address, for example: [email protected].
- In the Password field, enter your Internode password.
- Click sign in once you have entered your details. Windows Phone 7 will attempt to auto-detect the settings for your Internode email account.
|Figure 6: Entering your Internode email address and password|
- You will be returned to the email & accounts screen. Your new account will be named 'On' by default.
- Click On to access the full settings for your email account.
|Figure 7: Your newly created account, named 'On'|
- The full account settings will appear. Double-check your settings.
- Change the Account Name to Internode.
- Confirm that your email address is correct.
- Specify how frequently you would like your phone to check for new messages.
- Check the Your name field - this is how your name appears to others when they receive email from you. By default, Windows Phone 7 will automatically fill in your name based on your Windows Live email address. If you would prefer another name or a business name, please change this information.
- Click the tick at the bottom of the screen once your settings are correct.
|Figure 7: Account settings for Internode email|
Congratulations! Your Windows Phone 7 is now configured for email.
If you are having trouble setting up email or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.