Installing your SIM into your Huawei E3131 USB dongle
|Figure 1: Inserting the SIM card into the E3131
- Remove the backing from the device as seen in figure 1.
- Position and insert the SIM card.
You now need to connect the USB dongle to an available USB port on your computer.
Installing the MobiiBroadband 3G Software
Mac OS X
Please note that you'll need Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or above to install the Huawei E3131 device.
- An installation window will pop up once the device has initialised
If the MobiiBroadband installation window does not automatically open, look for the MobiiBroadband icon on your Desktop.
- Click Continue on the Welcome to the MobiiBroadband 3G Installer window.
- Click Continue after reading the Software License Agreement and select Agree in order to continue with the installation.
- Click Install to install the software to the default location. Otherwise you may select Change Install Location.. if you wish to change the default installation location.
- You may need to enter your administrative username and password in order to continue the installation.
- The installation should now begin.
- Once the installation has successfully completed, click Close.
- You can now launch the MobiiBroadband 3G Software from the dock.
If you encounter problems with the connection, go to System Settings then Network, and select the Huawei Mobile 3G modem. Enter *99# in the Telephone Number field, click Apply, and retry the connection.
Please note that your PC must meet the minimum requirements of Windows XP (SP2/3), Windows Vista (SP1/SP2), or Windows 7.
- The MobiiBroadband 3G Setup should open.
If the MobiiBroadband 3G Setup fails to load, you will need to navigate to My Computer and double-click on the Huawei 3G E3131 USB icon.
- Press Next to start the installation.
- Click I Agree to agree to the License Agreement and continue the installation.
- Choose the Install Location by clicking Browse (or leave as default) and click Next.
- Choose the Start Menu Folder to put MobiiBroadband into or leave as default to create a new folder and press Install.
- The installation will begin.
- Once the installation has successfully completed, click Finish.
- You can now launch the MobiiBroadband 3G Software from the Start Menu.
Configuring your NodeMobile Data connection
This section is only for devices that haven't already had an Internode profile added.
The simplest and easiest way to check if a profile has already been added is to click the Profile Name drop-down menu from the main window of the MobiiBroadband 3G Software.
|Figure 2: The Profile Name drop-down menu
If an Internode option is not available, then a profile hasn't been added, and the below instructions will need to be followed. If an Internode option is available then simply select it and click Connect.
|Figure 3: Navigating to the Options panel
- From the menu on the left select Profile Management.
- Click New to the top right of the window.
- Set the Profile Name field to Internode.
- Set the APN to internode.
- Ensure the Access Number is set to *99#.
- Click Save and then OK to return to the MobiiBroadband 3G window.
|Figure 4: The correct settings for the Huawei E3131
- Set the Profile Name drop-down menu to Internode and click Connect.
- Please allow 1–2 minutes for the device to connect before testing the connection.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your Huawei E3131 USB Dongle for use with NodeMobile Data.
If you are having trouble setting up your modem, or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.