NodeMobile Data Configuration for MobiiHotspot 3G
This guide is suitable for MobiiHotspot 3G modems/hotspots.
What we'll cover:
- Connecting to your MobiiHotspot 3G
- Logging into the MobiiHotspot 3G interface
- Configuring your Internode connection
Not what you're looking for? Try the MobiiHotspot 3G Wireless guide.
Each MobiiHotspot 3G has its own default Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Password (WPA Pre-Shared Key). You will need this information to connect your computer to the MobiiHotspot 3G's wireless network.
To find your default SSID and WiFi Key:
- Slide the rear cover of your MobiiHotspot 3G upwards to remove the cover.
- Remove the battery from the MobiiHotspot 3G.
- Locate the sticker underneath the battery inside of the cover (indicated in diagram below) and make a note of the SSID and WiFi Key.
- Replace the rear cover and power on the device (press and hold the power button until the screen lights up).
|Figure 1: The location of the wireless details sticker|
Connect your computer to the MobiiHotspot 3G's wireless network. If you are not familiar with connecting to Wireless Networks please refer to the following guides:
- Connecting a Windows computer to a wireless network
- Connecting a Macintosh computer to a wireless network
We strongly recommend that you change your MobiiHotspot 3G's SSID and WiFi Key.
For full instructions on configuring your wireless hotspot, please see the
Wireless Configuration for MobiiHotspot 3Gs Guide.
- Make sure your computer is connected to your modem via the wireless network.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.1 (this number is called an IP Address).
|Figure 2: Entering the IP address into the browser|
- The login screen will appear. Enter the Username and Password:
|This is the router's default username and password.
We recommend that you change the password for security reasons.
- Click Log In.
- Click the Settings tab from the top menu.
- Click Quick Setup from the left hand menu.
- Click Next on the Quick Setup Wizard page.
|Figure 3: MobiiHotspot 3G Quick Start Menu|
- If the Profile Name is not set to Internode click the Profile Name drop-down menu and choose Internode from the list.
- Click Next.
- Make sure the Connection mode is set to Auto.
- Click Next.
- Create a name for your wireless network and enter this into the field labelled SSID.
- Ensure that SSID broadcast is set to Enable.
- Click Next.
Creating a network name (SSID)
Your network name is used to identify your wireless network. This is particularly useful if there are other wireless networks nearby.
Because your network name will be visible outside of your home or office, the name should be recognisable but should not use any personal or service details.
- Bad Network Names:
BloggsFamily, JoeBloggs, 123JamesStreet, Internode, default, your Internode username, your router's name/model.
- Good Network Names:
MyNetwork, HomeWireless, Homestead, Cookie Monster (be creative!)
|Figure 4: MobiiHotspot 3G Wireless Setup|
- Create a password that will be used to access your wireless network. This needs to be entered into the WPA Pre-Shared Key field.
|Figure 5: MobiiHotspot 3G Wireless Security Setup|
Creating a Pre-shared Key (Wireless Password)
A Pre-shared key prevents people you don't know from accessing your wireless network. When you connect your computers to your wireless network, you will be asked for the pre-shared key. If someone tries to connect without the pre-shared key, they will be unable to connect.
Your pre-shared key:
- must have a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters (the longer the better)
- is case sensitive
- should never be the same as your Internode password or any password you currently use!
We recommend you create a complex password for your pre-shared key.
- Click Next.
- You should be presented with the Configuration Summary page.
- Click Finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your MobiiHotspot 3G for use with NodeMobile Data.
Please allow 1–2 minutes for the device to connect before testing the connection.
If you're looking to re-configure the Wireless settings on your MobiiHotspot 3G, please refer to our other guide:
If you are having trouble setting up your modem, or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.