If you have an Internode broadband service that is eligible for 50 MB of complimentary non-commercial webserver space, you simply need an FTP client and the connection details below.
Note: Personal Webspace is only available to eligible Internode broadband customers, and only for personal, non-commercial use.
You will need a FTP client to publish your website to Internode's web server. The FTP connection details for Personal Webspace are as follows:
|Username||Username of your broadband account.
Do not include @internode.on.net
|Password||Password of your broadband account.|
|Initial Remote Folder||Leave this field blank.
When you log on, you will be in the 'root' directory, where you will upload your webpages and images, etc.
This information defines your website, and allows only people with the username and password to change the web pages. You are welcome to change your website as much as you like. As soon as you have a working site, with valid HTML pages, you can start having visitors. Your URL or website address is as shown - http://www.users.on.net/~username.
- Personal webspace is hosted on a UNIX system. File names are cAsE sensitive, and should not contain any spaces.
- The first/home page of your website should be called index.htm, or index.html, or index.php.
- The file system on the users.on.net server is CaSe SeNsiTiVe - that is, INDEX.HTM and index.htm are viewed as two different files. We suggest that you make sure that all files and HTML are in lowercase.
- Internode reserves the right to disable an individual's personal webspace if it is found to be negatively impacting other customers or overall system performance.
- Internode reserves the right to disable an individual's personal webspace if it is found that the site's content is of a commercial or business nature, and/or does not adhere to any other terms and conditions as outlined in our Customer Relationship Agreement.