April 2010 ADSL Plan Changes
Plan Change Summary
On 28 April 2010 Internode released a number of updates to the popular Easy Broadband plan, as well as improvements across the ADSL Fast range.
- Easy Broadband - now delivering higher speed access from over 500 exchanges nationwide.
- ADSL Fast - quota boosts and more plan options now available.
All existing Internode ADSL customers are encouraged to review these new offerings. If you like what you see, please request an online plan change to benefit from these new deals!
The Easy Broadband Changes
Your Easy Broadband Plan Has Been Renamed
On midnight of Tuesday 27 April 2010, all Easy Broadband services were renamed to 'Easy Broadband Classic'. Aside from the name, no other changes at all were made to this plan.
- By default, all existing customers will remain on the existing Easy Broadband Classic plan, unless you request a change to the new Easy Broadband plan via the online plan changer.
We've done this because the new plan has some additional features, and a new standard price of $59.95 per month. The new Easy Broadband can also be bundled with your home phone (NodeLine) to reduce the price of the new Easy Broadband to $49.95 per month.
- If you don't wish to bundle, then you don't need to do anything. You will remain on Easy Broadband Classic, which is the same plan you signed up for - $49.95 with no bundling, and of course your service remains fully supported by Internode.
- However there are no new sales of Easy Broadband Classic, nor can customers plan change to it. But if you're already on it, you're welcome to stay on that plan.
Introducing the New Easy Broadband
With the new Easy Broadband, ADSL2+ or High Speed ADSL1 speeds are now available to many more areas around the country!
The new Easy Broadband plan generally provides the following speeds, depending upon your location and the broadband equipment that is available in your area:
- ADSL2+ or high speed ADSL1 - generally, most customers should get ADSL2+ speeds. With the new Easy Broadband, we can now provide ADSL2+ to many more areas. Note: In some areas where the equipment doesn't support ADSL2+, the speed will be high speed ADSL1.
- 1500/256 kbps - in other areas, the speed provided will be 1500/256 kbps. If you'd like ADSL2+ or high speed ADSL1 in this case, please choose from our ADSL Fast plans.
- To check the Easy Broadband speed available to you, enter your phone number into our Broadband Coverage Checker - read the description for Easy Broadband for speed info.
The other key changes for Easy Broadband are:
- Bundling - the standard price of Easy Broadband is now $59.95, with a discounted ('bundled') price of $49.95 per month available by transferring your home phone to Internode NodeLine.
- Faster Shaping - if you use your monthly quota, your speed is slowed ('shaped') until your next roll-over date. The new Easy Broadband plan doubles the speed of shaped traffic to 128 kbps (up from 64 kbps on the Easy Broadband Classic plan).
View more information about Easy Broadband
To change to the new Easy Broadband plan, use our online plan changer.
If you'd like to read some additional technical information about the
new Easy Broadband plan, check out our Easy Broadband v2 blog post.
The ADSL Fast Plan Revisions
A new range of Home and SOHO ADSL Fast plans are now available. All existing ADSL Fast customers - as well as customers on the older 'Plus, TwoPlus and High plans - are encouraged to review these new options. If you like them, please request an online plan change.
In summary, the changes are :
- The entry plan now delivers 5 GB per month, up from the previous 2 GB quota. The monthly price is the same - Home-Fast-5 is available at $59.95; or $49.95, bundled with NodeLine.
- A new Home ADSL Fast price-point of $69.95 per month ($59.95 if bundled) is now available, with a monthly quota of 20 GB.
- Home-Fast-30 is a new plan that effectively doubles the included quota at $79.95 per month ($69.95 bundled).
- Similarly, Home-Fast-40 delivers a 15 GB quota improvement, compared to the previous $89.95 per month ($79.95 bundled) Home ADSL Fast plan.
- Home-Fast-50 drops in price to $99.95 per month ($89.95 bundled). This plan was previously $109.95 per month ($99.95 bundled), and the price reduction will be applied automatically for all current Home-Fast-50 and SOHO-Fast-50 customers.
- Home-Fast-60 is a new option, delivering 60 GB per month for $109.95 ($99.95 bundled).
Note: there are no changes to the 100 and 200 Gigabyte plans.
All of the new Home ADSL Fast plans are also available as SOHO ADSL Fast, with a static IP address and faster shaping, for an extra $10 per month.
View Home ADSL Fast Plans | View SOHO ADSL Fast Plans
To change to the new Fast plans, use our online plan changer.
An Important Note About Plan Changes
With the exception of Home-Fast-50 and SOHO-Fast-50, if you do not elect to change your plan, you will remain on your existing plan, with your current price, quota and shaping speed unchanged.
So if you like any of the new options, simply request an online plan change to benefit from these new deals!
View the Plans
Our latest plans can be accessed by clicking on one of the following links:
How to Change Plans
If you already have an Internode ADSL service, you have two choices:
- Do Nothing - you don't have to do anything of course! If you're happy with the plan that you're on - even if we're not offering it for sale any more - you're welcome to stay on it.
- Plan Change - if one our new plans takes your fancy, you're welcome to change your plan.
Simply login to My Internode with your username and password; and click on Change ADSL Plan. Then you request your new speed (or leave it unchanged), and select the new plan that you require.
More About Changing Plans
Plan changes take effect from your next monthly rollover date.
The best way to change your plan, is to use our online plan changer.
- If you are on quarterly billing, you can only request a plan change in the last month of your billing period. Life could be simpler by changing to monthly billing - simply contact Internode Accounts if you would like us to arrange this.
- If you are a business customer, plan changes may be submitted in writing by an authorised person. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Client Number or Service ID.
- Your username.
- Billing address.
- The new plan that you require.