Power and Business Packs
The Included Features
Most residential customers find that our Easy plans provide all of the features they require for home broadband, including:
- A Fixed Monthly Charge- So you can enjoy your broadband without the nasty surprises! Compare the quota deal for Internode ADSL:
* Please note that unmetering only applies to downloads - all uploads (including transmission acknowledgements and other overheads) will be counted against your quota.
- No unexpected data usage charges: if your monthly quota is exceeded, we simply shape your traffic for the rest of the month. The shaping speed is 256/256 kbps on Easy Broadband, Easy Bundle & Easy Naked plans; and 128/128 kbps on Easy Reach.
- Quota on Demand - you can purchase a Data Block for an on-demand quota top up.
- Anytime quota: use the Internet whenever you like - Internode quota isn't parcelled into 'friendly' & 'unfriendly' hours of usage.
- Unmetered content: cool content that doesn't count towards your quota, including over 100 online streaming radio stations; the extensive games.on.net server farms for low ping gaming; massive mirrors for common file downloads; ABC iView and Fetch TV online content - and more.
- Your Choice of Contract - Choose from discounted setup on a 24 month contract with an early cancellation charge; or pay the full setup fee and have no early cancellation charges - it's your choice.
- Local Expert Support - Our award-winning customer support is available 7 days a week.
- Annex M Capable - Easy Broadband (and Easy Naked services delivered via the Internode network) include support for ADSL2+ Annex M, with enhanced upload speeds.
- Email Accounts - Up to 5 email accounts can be established, all with email spam and virus filtering & webmail access and more.
- Personal Webspace - A 50 Mbyte webspace is available to all Internode Residential broadband customers for personal, non-commercial use.
- Dialup Account - Includes a dialup account, for when you're away from your broadband connection, with 10 included hours per month then $1/hour pay-as-you-go. Dialup access is available Australia-wide at local call rates.
- Global Roaming - We offer a global roaming facility for dialup, Wi-Fi and hotel Ethernet access across the world via iPass (separate usage charges apply).
- Security Protection - You'll be protected by our complimentary Network Firewall, which assists in protecting your home network and helps to stop spam and viruses from spreading. You are welcome to disable that protection via an online web page if you wish.
- NodePhone Ready - add NodePhone Voice over IP (VoIP) and save money on phone calls.
- Choose your Hardware - bring your own ADSL router, or buy one pre-configured from us.
- Dynamic IP Address - These are 'Layer 2' dynamic IP services, suitable for home broadband access.
The Power Pack Option
Internet enthusiasts have slightly different requirements, and these are addressed with the addition of the Power Pack option to the Easy plan. The Power Pack option is $10 per month, and adds the following features:
- Static IP - A static IP address (instead of a dynamic IP address) is provided, making these plans suitable for hosting servers and operating Internet Virtual Private Networks.
- Unmetered Uploads - Quota consumption is counted in the download direction only.
- Faster Excess - Excess traffic - beyond the monthly inclusion - is shaped at 512 kbps down / no shaping of upload (note: 256 kbps / unshaped on Easy Reach with a Power Pack). And you can still buy data blocks if required.
Note: no shaping on uploads is only available on ADSL, it is not supported on NBN or FTTH.
- Included Subdomain - Choose your own subdomain name under '.power.on.net' (on request and subject to approval by Internode) and link it to your server.
The Business Pack Option
The needs of business customers are addressed by adding a Business Pack option to the Easy plan. This option is $30 per month, and adds the following features:
- Static IP - A static IP address is provided, with the option of a /29 IP subnet available on request and at no extra charge.
- Unmetered Uploads - Quota consumption is counted in the download direction only.
- Unshaped Excess - Instead, excess traffic is charged at 0.5 cents per Mbyte (download direction only) up to a maximum of $299 per month.
Note: Data Blocks are not available with the Business Pack option.
Note: unshaped excess is only available on ADSL, and is not supported on NBN or FTTH.
- Included Subdomain - Choose your own subdomain under '.on.net' (on request and subject to approval by Internode) and link it your servers.
- Priority Business Support - The Business Pack entitles you to priority access to our award-winning, local customer support team, and your ADSL is backed by our Service Level Agreement with defined performance and availability targets.
NOTE: The Business Pack is not available in conjunction with Easy Broadband Biz or Easy Reach Biz services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have multiple Option Packs on one service?
You can have only one Option Pack on an Easy plan at a time. Specifically, you can have:
- No Option Pack; or
- A Power Pack; or
- A Business Pack
Do I have to be a business customer to obtain a Business Pack?
All Option Packs are available to all Internode ADSL customers - residential customers, business customers, any other type of customer - just choose what you need!
However we definitely encourage business customers to select the Business Pack option, in particular for the priority support and constant performance features.
How do I request an Option Pack?
Simply use our Online Plan Changer to request an Option Pack.
- Remember Option Packs are only available on current Easy Broadband, Easy Bundle, Easy Naked and Easy Reach plans. If you aren't already on one of these plans, you can also select a new plan via the Online Plan Changer.
What are the Option Pack charges?
The Power Pack costs an extra $10 per month, while the Business Pack costs an extra $30 per month. This is additional to the current Easy plan that the Option Pack is associated with.
There's no once-off charge to add or remove an Option Pack. In particular, the $29 plan downgrade charge on certain Easy plan types does not apply when you are only removing or changing an Option Pack.
When does my Option Pack take effect?
Just like a plan change, the Option Pack takes effect from your next plan rollover date.
How do I request my subdomain?
If you have a Power Pack or a Business Pack; you can request your subdomain name via a support request. Please note that all subdomains of on.net are subject to approval by Internode; and are non-transferrable.
- Existing Internode SOHO ADSL customers that are plan changing to an Easy plan with a Power Pack, can retain their '.soho.on.net' subdomain if they would prefer (in fact, both subdomains will work).
- Existing Internode Business ADSL customers that are plan changing to an Easy plan with a Business Pack, will retain their current '.on.net' subdomain
How do I request my IP subnet?
If you have a Business Pack, you can request your /29 IP subnet via a support request.
- Existing Internode Business ADSL customers that are plan changing to an Easy plan with a Business Pack, will retain their current IP subnet (if any).
Can I have a Reverse DNS / PTR for my Static IP?
Yes, if you have a Power Pack or a Business Pack you can request a specific PTR record (if required) for your static IP via a support request.
There is no additional cost for this facility.
Can I obtain a dynamic IP address with a Power Pack or Business Pack?
Yes, the option of obtaining a dynamic IP address is available.
Simply alter the login username for the service you wish to use via a dynamic IP from:
i.e. add in the 'dynamic.' bit. This tells our servers to hand back a dynamic IP address instead of your assigned static IP.
What happens to my existing IP address assignment?
We have separate IP address 'pools' for dynamic IP; SOHO ADSL/Power Pack static IP; and Business ADSL / Business Pack static IP.
If you are an existing Internode ADSL customer and are plan changing to Easy with an Option pack, then:
- If you currently have a dynamic IP service - such as Home ADSL, or an Easy plan without an Option Pack - then on your rollover date you'll be changed to your new static IP assignment.
- If you currently have a SOHO ADSL static IP service - and are changing to an Easy plan with a Power Pack - then your static IP assignment will not change.
- If you currently have a Business ADSL static IP service - and are changing to an Easy plan with a Business Pack - then your static IP assignment (and any associated subnets) will not change.
However please note that your static IP address assignment may change in the following circumstances:
- If you currently have a SOHO ADSL static IP service - and are changing to an Easy plan with a Business Pack - then your static IP assignment will change on your rollover date.
- If you currently have a Business ADSL static IP service - and are changing to an Easy plan with a Power Pack - then your static IP assignment will change on your rollover date. Any associated subnets will be removed during this change.
- If you change from a Power Pack to a Business Pack, or vice-versa.
What happens to the network firewall?
The Internode network firewall is turned on by default for all dynamic IP services - i.e., Easy plans without an option pack.
It is turned off by default for all static IP services - i.e., an Easy plan with either a Business pack or an Option Pack.