Internode keeps free uploads in new ADSL plans
Internode recently unveiled two new Home ADSL broadband plans with intermediate price points and three new Business ADSL plans, which offer unlimited downloads.
In addition, since the start of April, Internode has provided a more generous download allowance to all of its customers on a current Home or SOHO plan with a 20-gigabyte (GB) or larger download quota.
Internode product manager Jim Kellett said the new plans and more generous download quotas reflected the benefits delivered by the international reach of Internode's network. "We continue to upgrade our international capacity, which benefits our customers in terms of both price and performance," he said.
"Significantly, Internode has maintained its commitment to free data uploads at a time when many of our rivals are including data uploads as well as downloads in their monthly allowances. This is an increasingly important point of difference for choosing Internode."
Two new Home ADSL1 plans:
- The new Home-1500-Power15 ($59.95 per month) has a 1500/256 kilobit per second speed and 15 GB of download quota
- The new Home-High-Power5 ($74.95 per month) delivers enhanced ADSL1 performance of up to 8000/384 Kb/s with a 5 GB download quota.
Mr. Kellett said the Home-1500-Power-15 plan provided a convenient upgrade point for customers who had grown out of the $54.95 Home-1500-Power10 plan. "Previously, these customers faced a steep $15 jump to the next monthly download quota - so we've fixed that with a modest $5 increment," he said.
"The Home High-Power5 is a plan for customers who want high speed ADSL1 without large downloads."
Three new Business ADSL1 plans - UNLIMITED!
- Business-512-Unlimited ($199 a month) is a 512/128k service with unlimited download quota
- Business-512Sym-Unlimited ($229) is a 512/512 kbps service with unlimited download quota
- Business-1500-Unlimited ($299) is a 1500/256k service with unlimited download quota.
Mr. Kellett said these were truly unlimited plans - completely free of Shaping and excess charges. "Download as much as you like and it'll keep going at full line speed, 24x7, for a fixed price," he said.
Larger download quotas for Home and SOHO plans:
- Plans with a 20 GB quota are upgraded to a 25 GB quota at no extra charge
- Plans with a 30 GB quota are upgraded to a 40 GB quota at no extra charge
- Plans with a 40 GB quota are upgraded to a 55 GB quota at no extra charge
- Plans with a 60 GB quota are upgraded to a 80 GB quota at no extra charge
- Plans with an 80 or 90 GB quota are upgraded to a 100 GB quota at no extra charge.