98% of 1.5Mbit customers gain quota with new plans
- Overview of Changes
- The New Home and SOHO 1500/256k Plans
- The Simplified Home and SOHO ADSL Standard Range
- The Great Migration!
- Further Questions?
Internode has dramatically increased monthly download quotas for its popular 1500/256 kbps ADSL services, and is offering free speed upgrades to encourage customers to move from slower plans.
Furthermore the entire range of ADSL Standard services has been simplified, making it easier for customers to compare and choose the best plan for their needs. The new plans are available from 5 August 2008.
Over the course of the next month, Internode will automatically migrate all existing Home and SOHO 1500/256k customers to new plans. Internode Product Manager Jim Kellett said 98 per cent of these customers would get a free increase in download quotas. “The new plans give nearly all of our Home and SOHO 1500k customers a quota boost of between 5 and 20 Gigabytes per month, with no increase in price,” he said.
"We're also continuing our free speed upgrade promotion, to encourage customers on slower plans such as 512k to move up to a 1500k plan".
Internode's simplified plan selection has pruned the available 1500/256k plans from fourteen to just six, ranging from a $49.95 Home-1500 plan with a 10 GB monthly download allowance, to an $89.95 SOHO-1500 plan with a 40 GB monthly download quota.
The changes affect only the Home ADSL Standard and the SOHO ADSL Standard product lines. ADSL Plus, Extreme ADSL2+, Naked ADSL2+ and Business ADSL are all completely unaffected by this round of changes.
- Six new 1500/256k plans will be introduced—three in Home and three in SOHO. These are available for sale from Tuesday 5th August 2008, and offer significantly improved value over the current plans.
- The Home ADSL Standard plans on offer will reduce from sixteen to five; and SOHO ADSL Standard plans will reduce from thirteen to eight. This is intended to simplify the choices available; and make it easier for customers to choose the right plan for their needs.
- Over the course of the following month, all existing Home 1500k and SOHO 1500k services will be automatically migrated to a new plan. This means the benefits of the new plans will be delivered to all 1500/256k Home & SOHO customers—you don't need to take any action at all!
These offer improved value over our current Home and SOHO 1500/256k range :
|Plan Name||Monthly Quota||Monthly Price||Comment|
|Home-1500-Explorer||10 GB||$49.95||A doubling of our previous quota at this price point|
|Home-1500-Advance||20 GB||$59.95||33% quota improvement at this price point compared to our previous offering|
|Home-1500-Boost||40 GB||$69.95||Almost doubles our previous quota at this price point|
|SOHO-1500-Explorer||10 GB||$69.95||Same quota and lower price than previous SOHO-1500 entry plan|
|SOHO-1500-Advance||20 GB||$79.95||A handy new price point for SOHO|
|SOHO-1500-Boost||40 GB||$89.95||Almost doubles our previous quota at this price point!|
The above plans will be available for sale on Tuesday 5th August 2008.
As well as introducing the new 1500/256k plans listed above, we'll be retiring the plans that are no longer in demand. This includes the Home 512/512 plans (note this speed continues to be available in SOHO and Business plans); and the higher quota plans in 512/128k and 1500/256k.
- If you're already on one of these plans, then don't panic—these plans are simply 'grandfathered'. This means you can stay on the plan that you're on—it's just we won't be offering them to new customers in future; and they will no longer appear in our ADSL plan changer.
- For customers that are already on a 1500/256k plan, read on for your good news.
From 5th August 2008 through to 5th September 2008, we'll be automatically migrating all existing Home and SOHO 1500/256k services to a new plan. We're doing this to ensure all eligible customers receive the benefits of the new plans—even if they don't read their bulletins!
- The migration is only for Home and SOHO 1500/256k plans. No other plan types or speeds are affected.
- The migrations occur on your 'service rollover day of month' from Tuesday 5th August onwards, meaning that by 5th September 2008 the entire process will be complete. Note that migrations are restricted to the roll-over date—even very keen customers will simply have to wait until then!
- The majority of eligible customers (65%) will receive a 5 GB monthly quota upgrade, for free! Similarly 8% receive a 10 GB monthly quota upgrade; 21% receive a 15 GB monthly quota upgrade; and 4% receive a 20 GB monthly quota upgrade—all for free!
- Less than 2% of eligible customers are either unaffected in price or quota; or receive a price reduction without a change in quota; or receive both a price reduction and an increase in quota. No-one is adversely affected.
The automatic migrations have been designed to move you to a new, higher value plan—and not affect your monthly spend. However in a small number of cases we'll have to reduce your monthly bill, sorry about that!
You may note that we are no longer offering Home ADSL 1500k plans at prices above $69.95 or quotas above 40 GB per month. So for customers currently above this price point, we've created a special set of improved value plans—these are for existing customers only. These plans will not be offered to new connections, nor will they be available via the online plan changer.
The migrations will occur between 5th August 2008 and 5th September 2008, on your usual roll-over day of the month—that is, the day your quota normally gets topped up. It's a fairly complex process, so unfortunately we can't bring these changes forward for specific customers.
The following section lists all of our Home and SOHO 1500k plans—including some going back several years—and where they will be moved to. If you don't like the plan we've selected for you—note it will be the same price or lower than your current plan, with the same quota or more—you can of course request an online plan change to any of the new plans described above.
Key points :
- no-one has a price rise—some people in fact get a price reduction.
- no-one has a quota reduction—over 98% actually receive a free increase in quota.
|If you're now on||Paying||Quota||You'll move to||Paying||Quota||Which means|
|Home-1500-Power5||$49.95||5 GB||Home-1500-Explorer||$49.95||10 GB||Your quota doubled!|
|Home-1500-Power10-Old||$49.95||10 GB||Home-1500-Explorer||$49.95||10 GB||Just a name change|
|Home-1500-Power10||$54.95||10 GB||Home-1500-G15||$54.95||15 GB||5 GB quota upgrade|
|Home-1500-Starter||$59.95||10 GB||Home-1500-Advance||$59.95||20 GB||Your quota doubled!|
|Home-1500-Power15||$59.95||15 GB||Home-1500-Advance||$59.95||20 GB||5 GB quota upgrade|
|Home-1500-Power20||$59.95||20 GB||Home-1500-Advance||$59.95||20 GB||Just a name change|
|Home-1500-Power20-Old||$59.95||20 GB||Home-1500-Advance||$59.95||20 GB||Just a name change|
|Home-1500-Value||$69.95||20 GB||Home-1500-Boost||$69.95||40 GB||Your quota doubled!|
|Home-1500-Power25||$69.95||25 GB||Home-1500-Boost||$69.95||40 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|Home-1500-Power40-Old||$79.95||40 GB||Home-1500-Boost||$69.95||40 GB||Saves $10 per month|
|Home-1500-Power40||$84.95||40 GB||Home-1500-G50||$84.95||50 GB||10 GB quota upgrade|
|Home-1500-Standard||$89.95||16 GB||Home-1500-G50||$84.95||50 GB||34 GB quota, save $5|
|Home-1500-Pro||$89.95||40 GB||Home-1500-G50||$84.95||50 GB||10 GB quota, save $5|
|Home-1500-Power55||$99.95||55 GB||Home-1500-G70||$99.95||70 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|PADSL1500ClassicOrange||$99.95||24 GB||Home-1500-G70||$99.95||70 GB||46 GB quota upgrade LOL!|
|Home-1500-Classic||$109.95||32 GB||Home-1500-G70||$99.95||70 GB||38 GB quota, save $10|
|Home-1500-Power80||$129.95||80 GB||Home-1500-G95||$129.95||95 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|Home-1500-Elite||$129.95||80 GB||Home-1500-G95||$129.95||95 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|PADSL1500ClassicBlue||$149.95||64 GB||Home-1500-G95||$129.95||95 GB||31 GB quota, save $20|
|Home-1500-Power100||$159.95||100 GB||Home-1500-G115||$159.95||115 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|If you're now on||Paying||Quota||You'll move to||Paying||Quota||Which means|
|SOHO-1500-Power10-Old||$69.95||10 GB||SOHO-1500-Explorer||$69.95||10 GB||Just a name change|
|SOHO-1500-Power10||$74.95||10 GB||SOHO-1500-G15||$74.95||15 GB||5 GB quota upgrade|
|SOHO-1500-Starter||$79.95||10 GB||SOHO-1500-Advance||$79.95||20 GB||Your quota doubled!|
|SOHO-1500-Power20||$79.95||20 GB||SOHO-1500-Advance||$79.95||20 GB||Just a name change|
|SOHO-1500-Power20-Old||$79.95||20 GB||SOHO-1500-Advance||$79.95||20 GB||Just a name change|
|SOHO-1500-Power25||$89.95||25 GB||SOHO-1500-Boost||$89.95||40 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|SOHO-1500-Standard||$89.95||20 GB||SOHO-1500-Boost||$89.95||40 GB||Your quota doubled!|
|SOHO-1500-Cirrus||$99.95||8 GB||SOHO-1500-Boost||$89.95||40 GB||32 GB quota, save $10|
|SOHO-1500-Power40-Old||$99.95||40 GB||SOHO-1500-Boost||$89.95||40 GB||Saves $10 per month|
|SOHO-1500-Power40||$104.95||40 GB||SOHO-1500-G50||$104.95||50 GB||10 GB quota upgrade|
|SOHO-1500-Pro||$109.95||40 GB||SOHO-1500-G50||$104.95||50 GB||10 GB quota, save $5|
|SOHO-1500-Power55||$119.95||55 GB||SOHO-1500-G70||$119.95||70 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|SOHO-1500-Power80||$149.95||80 GB||SOHO-1500-G95||$149.95||95 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
|SOHO-1500-Elite||$149.95||90 GB||SOHO-1500-G95||$149.95||95 GB||5 GB quota upgrade|
|SOHO-1500-Power100||$179.95||100 GB||SOHO-1500-G115||$179.95||115 GB||15 GB quota upgrade|
If you have any questions or concerns about these plan changes, please read the above carefully to see if it's already been answered.
Remember you can safely ignore it all completely if you like—the worst thing that we'll be doing to you is absolutely nothing at all—and for the vast majority of Home and SOHO 1500k customers, your value improves automatically!
If you're still concerned, please contact Internode on 13 6633 and we'll be happy to answer any questions that you may have.