Internode cuts clutter with Easy broadband overhaul
Internode has massively simplified its broadband plan table by standardising on just four Easy broadband product lines, with optional Power or Business packs to add any extra required features.
Since shortly after they were launched 18 months ago, Easy Broadband plans became Internode’s most popular services, offering the best available speeds with the customer’s chosen data quota and price. Today’s launch of Power and Business Packs - which can be added to one of the four Easy product lines - extends that concept of offering a simple range of services from which to select.
- A Power Pack ($10 extra a month) offers additional benefits including a static IP address, free data uploads and faster shaping if the monthly data quota is exceeded.
- A Business Pack ($30 extra a month) features usage based charging with no speed shaping if the monthly data quota is exceeded, access to a free ".on.net" subdomain; priority technical support and a business-grade Service Level Agreement.
Internode’s four Easy broadband product lines, with optional Power Packs and Business Packs, supersede all previous Home, SOHO and Business broadband plans, which are "grandfathered": While current customers can continue to use them, they are no longer available for purchase.
Internode product manager Jim Kellett said Power Packs and Business Packs were an "awesome innovation". "With these option packs, we’ve moved from 78 plans to just 18 current plans," he said.
"This overhaul makes selecting a broadband plan really simple by eliminating the bewildering array of plans that customers had to navigate previously: You choose your price, your data quota and your options and then Internode provides the fastest possible broadband service: Just like its name, it’s Easy."
"Existing customers can stay on their current plans unless they choose to move to a new plan that better suits their needs."
Internode’s four Easy product lines are:
- Easy Broadband, Internode’s flagship broadband service, available bundled or unbundled, and offering ADSL2+ speeds with Annex M upstream, ranging in price from $29.95 (bundled XS) to $129.95 (unbundled XXL).
- Easy Naked, Internode’s dialtone-free broadband service, ranging in price from $59.95 (S) to $149.95 (XXL)
- Easy Bundle, Internode’s broadband and analogue telephone service all-in-one package, costing from $64.90 (XS) to $124.90 (L) and available in more areas than Easy Broadband.
- Easy Reach, Internode’s most widely available broadband service, offering ADSL2+ where available and costing from $39.95 (bundled 5 GB) to $89.95 (unbundled 200 GB).
Every Internode broadband plan continues to offer customers access to unmetered content, five email accounts with free virus and spam scanning, personal webspace, a dialup backup account, and global roaming for no extra charge.
Existing Internode customers can change plans online and (optionally) add a Power or Business pack at the same time.