Important notes about testing your speed
- There are normal technical overheads which are unavoidably present in all Internet connections. These are a consequence of how Broadband services work. The highest possible speed for an ADSL link (for example) is around 85% of the 'sync' speed of the service.
- Your speed will be affected by any other data transfers (upload and/or download).
- You should close all other applications that use your Internet link while testing your speed.
- Your speed is subject to variations due to background Internet load at various times. It is normal for speed test results to be lower than your absolute maximum possible line speed.
- Your speed test may also be affected by the load and capacity of our servers that host the speed test.
- The Internode speed test files bypass "Speed Shaping" for Internode broadband plans. This means that the files will download at the full available speed of your service, even if your service is currently shaped (provided you're not trying to download or upload other data at the same time).
- The aim is to let you determine whether your line is capable of obtaining the expected peak download rate at this time, regardless of the specific technical characteristics of the Internode Broadband plan that you are using.
Download a file from our Content Delivery Network (recommended)
These are special test files that are hosted around Australia on Internode's Content Delivery Network, these files are the best way to test your real-world download speed.
- Download 5000 Megabyte test file (5 Gigabytes)
- Download 1000 Megabyte test file (1 Gigabyte)
- Download 100 Megabyte test file
- Download 50 Megabyte test file
- Download 10 Megabyte test file
Run a speed test via speedtest.net
You can visit http://speedtest.net and try their flash-based speed test.
Important notes about using speedtest.net:
- Whilst Internode operate a speedtest.net mirror, we cannot guarantee that your speed test will automatically use our mirror. As such, we cannot guarantee that your speed test will be accurate, unmetered or exempt from speed shaping. If you have the option to choose a server, ensure you choose an Internode server.
- As this is a flash based speed test, if you are using a very high speed service, such as a Fibre or NBN service, the results of this test may be influenced by the speed of your computer, or flash operating within your computers web browser. For very high speed services, we recommend downloading the speed test files from our Content Delivery Network, listed above.