IPv6 use tops 10% of Internode customers
As the global technology community celebrates the first anniversary of World IPv6 Launch Day, Chief Technology Officer John Lindsay revealed this latest milestone of Internode's IPv6 deployment.
During the past 12 months, the adoption of IPv6 by Internode customers has increased by 400 per cent. Internode reported IPv6 usage of two per cent at the World IPv6 Launch event held on June 6, 2012.
John Lindsay said Internode's experience demonstrated that IPv6 deployment could occur with no inconvenience for customers. "IPv6 is necessary for the continued growth of the Internet," he said.
"Internode is proud that our leadership in seamlessly deploying IPv6 for our customers has blazed a trail for other Australian and international ISPs to follow."
Last year, Internode was acknowledged for its long-term IPv6 deployment leadership when it received an Australia & New Zealand Internet Award (ANZIA) for its work delivering IPv6 in Australia.
- Read more about Internode IPv6
- IPv6 setup guides for Internode broadband hardware
- Enable IPv6 online through My Internode (Login required)
- World IPv6 Launch
Previous Press Releases about IPv6
- Internode launches national IPv6 service (18/07/2008)
- Australia-first native ADSL IPv6 access trial (06/11/2009)
- Internode rejects IPocalypse on World IPv6 Day (08/06/2011)
- IPv6 hits primetime for ADSL and NBN customers (10/08/2011)
- Dual stack IPv6 turned on for new customers (18/01/2012)
- Internode doubles IPv6 goal number by Launch Day (05/06/2012)
- Internode wins ANZ Internet Award for IPv6 (11/10/2012)