Assistance extended to all Internode customers affected by bushfires
Chief Customer Officer Maryna Fewster said the group is ready to support customers in need. "We are opening up extended relief options to take some of the pressure off customers in bushfire zones during this extremely difficult time," she said.
As part of the relief package, affected customers will be provided with:
- Cancellation, without penalty, of the fixed line service and reservation of the customer's telephone number for a period of three months.
- Free fixed-line connection to alternative premises/accommodation while a customer's home is uninhabitable
- Complimentary MobiiHotspot and 3G wireless broadband service (18GB per month) for up to three months (for those not choosing fixed-line connection)
- Cancellation, without penalty, of any broadband or dialup internet service.
- Free installation of any ADSL internet service at the customer's new premises within a 12 month period and continuation of existing contract (where relevant and with no penalty).
"Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by bushfires this summer, including those currently active in Victoria and South Australia. We realise phone and Internet services may not be a top priority for these customers at the moment, but we want them to know we will support them and do all we can to make things easier when they are ready to restore their home and business services," Maryna said.
All Internode customers located in bushfire-damaged areas can call 1300 66 33 27 directly to get access to the relief package.