Internode email addresses are moving to The Messaging Company
Internode has made the decision to stop providing email services in 2023. This change will help us focus on creating better experiences for our core products: internet and mobile.
You can opt-in to transfer your Internode email address to another Australian email provider, The Messaging Company. The Messaging Company will become your email provider and most importantly, you will not lose any emails, contacts or calendar events as part of the transfer.
Important: Your internet and My Internode login details will not be affected by this change.
If you have one or more Internode email addresses that you’d like to keep, you’ll need to follow these steps for each email address.
Important: By opting-in to transfer your email service to The Messaging Company email platform, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of Email Transfer.
- Go to The Messaging Company website at: https://register.themessagingco.com.au/internode or click TRANSFER.
- Enter your Internode email address.
- The Messaging Company will send a unique PIN to the email address provided. This PIN will expire after 60 minutes. Promptly enter this PIN on The Messaging Company website to authorise your signup.
Important: Do not share this PIN with anyone.
- Your email address is now on standby to move to The Messaging Company. You can keep using your Internode email address as usual in the meantime.
- You will receive a reminder via email before your Internode email address will be transferred to The Messaging Company. After transferring, you may be required to create a new password for your email address.
- If you have any issues with your Internode email address after moving to The Messaging Company, you will need to contact The Messaging Company for support as Internode will no longer be able to assist.
Select one of the links below to jump to a query:
Terms and Conditions of Email Transfer
By opting-in to transfer your Internode email service to The Messaging Company email platform, you acknowledge and agree that:
- We may disclose your personal information (i.e. your name, email address and contact number) to The Messaging Company for the purpose of facilitating your email transfer and you consent to this. The Messaging Company's privacy notice is available at: https://themessaging.co/privacy-notice/
- You will need to sign up with The Messaging Company as your email hosting provider and agree to their terms and conditions, and you will become a direct customer of The Messaging Company’s email service.
- Your Internode email service will be transferred to The Messaging Company email platform, and The Messaging Company will be responsible for providing your email service after transfer.
- Internode will pay The Messaging Company email service charge until 15 September 2024. After September 2024, you will be responsible for paying any charges you incur for the email service. The Messaging Company will contact customers with available pricing options at least 60 days prior to commencing charges for the email service.
- Internode grants you the right to use your current email address, which incorporates one or more domain names owned Internode or one of our affiliates (e.g. internode.on.net).
- Internode may withdraw the right for you to use your current email address when you cease acquiring services from Internode or one of our affiliates.
- Internode may also revoke the right in (4) above for other reasons, but we will endeavour to give you at least 60 days’ prior notice before that happens.
- Your use of your current email address, which incorporates one or more domain names owned by Internode or our affiliates, is not transferable to another email service provider.
- When The Messaging Company begins providing your email services, Internode and its affiliates will not be responsible to you in any way in connection with your email service (e.g. providing setup or troubleshooting support; security; service quality).
What happens if I don’t choose to keep my email address?
- You don't need to do anything if you’re happy for your Internode email address to be deleted.
- If you do not move to The Messaging Company before the date advised in the notice we emailed to you, your Internode email address will be suspended, and you will no longer be able to send or receive emails.
- Once suspended, if you do not choose to move your Internode email address to The Messaging Company, the following will apply:
- After being suspended for 21 days, the email address will be deleted and can no longer be recovered.
- Any email forwarding to or from your Internode email address will stop.
- You won't be able to access any existing emails stored on the Internode mail server.
- Any messages sent to your Internode email address will bounce back to the sender as undeliverable.
- If you use your Internode email address as the contact email address for your Internode account, please update your contact details to a different email address in My Internode.
Can I recover my email address after it is suspended?
Suspended email addresses can be unsuspended by following these steps to opt-in to transferring the email address to The Messaging Company. This recovery process will be available until the email address is deleted. After being suspended for 21 days, email addresses will be permanently deleted and can no longer be recovered or transferred.
What do I need to do before my email address is transferred to The Messaging Company?
You must keep the email service active until the transfer to The Messaging Company occurs. This means:
- For mailboxes included with a broadband or mobile service, you must not cancel the associated broadband/mobile service until the email address is transferred to The Messaging Company.
- For paid mailboxes, you must not cancel the email service until the email address is transferred to The Messaging Company.
Inactive or cancelled email services cannot be transferred to The Messaging Company.
How will I know when my email address has been transferred to The Messaging Company?
You will receive an email from The Messaging Company to confirm that your transfer is complete.
If you haven't received an email, you can check your Internode services in My Internode. If your email service(s) are still listed in My Internode, then your transfer is not yet complete.
Do I need to back up my email before I move to The Messaging Company?
There’s no need to back up your email before moving to The Messaging Company. Any existing emails stored on the Internode mail server will be moved across to The Messaging Company.
Can new Internode email addresses be created with The Messaging Company?
No. New Internode email addresses can no longer be created as of 6 June 2023.
Only existing Internode email addresses may move to The Messaging Company and new email addresses using the @internode.on.net domain may not be created.
If you'd like to create a new email address, you’ll need to consider alternative options from other email providers.
Will I need to pay anything to use my Internode email address after opting-in to transfer to The Messaging Company?
If you currently have an email address included with your Internode services: you won't need to pay anything to use your Internode email address with The Messaging Company until 15 September 2024.
At least 60 days prior to 15 September 2024, The Messaging Company will contact customers with pricing options that will apply if you wish to continue using your Internode email address with The Messaging Company.
If you currently pay for an Internode email address: The Messaging Company will contact you with pricing options that will apply if you wish to continue using your Internode email address with The Messaging Company.
Internode is not able to provide any information about The Messaging Company's email pricing.
What email settings will I need to use with The Messaging Company?
Your current email settings will continue to work after your Internode email address has moved to The Messaging Company.
Please note that when setting up your Internode email address on a new device or email software, The Messaging Company’s mail servers may fill in automatically. These mail servers will work and can be left unchanged:
Who do I call for email support?
Before moving to The Messaging Company:
- You can continue to contact our support team for any help with your email.
- For general queries about Internode email addresses moving to The Messaging Company, please call us on 1300 336 393.
After moving to The Messaging Company:
- You will need to contact The Messaging Company about support for your email service as Internode will no longer be able to assist.
- You can call The Messaging Company on 07 3497 3566 or submit a new request to their Support Centre.
What do I need to do if I have an alias email address?
Some customers have one or more alias email addresses. This is a legacy feature that allowed a primary mailbox to have an alias email address that would send and receive emails on behalf of the primary mailbox. For example, you may have the primary mailbox email@example.com set up with an alias of firstname.lastname@example.org for business purposes.
If you opt-in to move your primary mailbox to The Messaging Company, all alias email addresses linked to the primary mailbox will also be automatically opted-in to move to The Messaging Company. You do not need to opt-in alias email addresses individually, and please be aware that the opt-in process will not work if you enter the alias email address instead of the primary mailbox.
Can I save my emails if I don’t choose to move to The Messaging Company?
To continue access to your Internode emails, we strongly recommend that you choose to move to The Messaging Company. This will give you more time to back up your emails and change your email contact details as needed.
If you don't choose to move to The Messaging Company, you can save a backup of your emails to your computer or data storage device. You will not be able to send or receive mail after your Internode email address is suspended, but you can use any email software to open the locally saved files for existing emails. Our guides for backing up email on popular email software will help:
Will my My Internode login details change?
No. You'll continue to use the same username and password to log in to My Internode.
If you have any questions about moving your email to The Messaging Company, please call us on 1300 336 393.