If you have an Extreme or older Easy Broadband plan, simply change plan to Easy Broadband.
There's no once-off charge or change to your contract term for this plan change.
The Three Setup Options
First, check if Easy Broadband is available in your area by entering your address (and phone number, if known) into our online Coverage Checker.
Our Coverage Checker will show whether your local exchange has the equipment needed to deliver Easy Broadband. However, it cannot analyse the copper access network between your premises and the local exchange. That can only be done when we receive your order. Specifically, Easy Broadband can only be delivered:
- when your local exchange has already been equipped with our own infrastructure; and
- free ports are available; and
- a suitable continuous copper pair is available between your premises and the local exchange.
We'll check all this as part of provisioning your service. If at any point we find you can't get Easy Broadband at your premises, you can cancel the order with no penalty - no success, no fee!
Once you know Easy Broadband is available, read on to learn how to get connected. If you have any questions, please contact our Sales team.
1. No Current ADSL?
If you don't already have ADSL on your phone line, then simply sign up online for a new Easy Broadband service.
2. Transfer Your ADSL
If you have an active ADSL service with another provider, you can transfer it to Internode. Simply sign up online - our fast transfer process can transfer your service with as little as two hours downtime.
This allows you to transfer from almost all service providers.
3. Single Service Migration (SSM)
If your ADSL is already with Internode, but not connected to our own infrastructure, you can request a Single Service Migration (SSM). This will transfer your existing ADSL service - if a DSLAM port is available in your area.
You can check which infrastructure you're connected to with our ADSL Status Query tool.
- If the "Carrier for ADSL Port" says 'Internode' or 'AAPT', then your line is already connected to our infrastructure. You can simply change plan to Easy Broadband.
- If the "Carrier for ADSL Port" says 'Telstra', then your service is currently connected to a Telstra Wholesale DSLAM port. You'll need to request a Single Service Migration in My Internode.
Note: In certain situations, Single Service Migrations may not be available. For example, we cannot transfer services that are provided on a Telstra pair gain system such as a RIM.
Important Disclaimers and Information
If you disconnect an existing broadband service from another service provider, they may charge you contract break fees and/or service disconnection fees in accordance with their contract with you.
Internode is not responsible for, and has no control over, those fees. Please check your existing contractual conditions carefully before changing providers.