Please note: Information on this page applies to existing Internode customers that are migrating or relocating to NBN Fibre plans, or to existing Internode customers already on NBN Fibre plans prior to 06/09/2019.
For new customers to Internode on Residential NBN Fibre plans from 06/09/2019, please refer to the NBN Phone Service information on the NBN Fibre plans page.
Fibre Phone is available only in NBN Fibre to the Premises areas, and works similarly to a traditional landline phone service. You use your current phone handset, and in most cases you can keep your current phone number. You simply connect your phone handset to the analog phone jack (UNI-V) on the NBN Network Termination Device.
And there's a big bonus to Fibre Phone - calls are charged at our great value NodePhone VoIP calling rates.
- Fibre Phone includes advanced phone features, such as Caller ID and sophisticated voicemail. You can even receive voicemail as email - at no extra cost.
- You'll also enjoy local and standard national calls for only 18 cents untimed. And calls to other Internode Fibre Phone and NodePhone services are included at no additional charge. We also have excellent rates for calls to Australian mobiles, and for International calls.
- In most areas you can keep your existing phone number, or you can choose a new local phone number if you prefer.
Fibre Phone services are only available in NBN Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) service areas. If you are within a Fibre to the Building, Fibre to the Node, or Fixed-Wireless area, we recommend NodePhone VoIP.
NBN Fibre Phone Plan
† Because Fibre Phone is only available with an NBN Fibre plan, the Total Minimum Cost represents 1 month of NBN Fibre plan rental (plus the standard NBN setup fee of $99), plus 1 month of Fibre Phone rental (plus the standard Fibre Phone setup fee of $49). Call charges are additional, and number porting fees may apply if transferring an existing phone number to Fibre Phone. An additional once off $300 nbn™ New Development charge applies if your premises is identified by nbn™ as being within the site boundary of a new development.
24 Month Contract:
|$29.95 per month Min Cost: $227.94 †|
Simply put, Fibre Phone call rates are designed to save you money!
|Destination||Flagfall||Rate per Minute|
|See all Fibre Phone Call Rates|
|Calls to other NodePhone VoIP
or Fibre Phone services
|Standard National Calls||$0.18||untimed|
|Calls to Australian Mobiles||no charge||$0.29|
|1300 and 13 numbers||$0.275||untimed|
Some Important Information
Fibre Phone is designed to deliver reliable and high quality traditional voice services. However, it is different to traditional telephone services in some important ways.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any medical or security alarm equipment that you use will be compatible with your NBN service. If you are in any doubt, you should contact the supplier of these services. We also recommend that you obtain a battery backup unit if you wish to use these services.
You should be aware that - unlike the copper telephone network - NBN services are dependent on locally provided power. Without battery backup, you will be unable to use any NBN services during a power outage.
You have the option of ordering a battery backup for your NBN service. This battery backup will provide power to the Network Termination Device in the event of a mains power outage.
Customer Service Guarantee
Due to the nature of the NBN rollout, it is not possible for Internode to provide the CSG rebates applicable to installation. Because of this, you will need to agree to a waiver of your CSG rights when you sign up for Fibre Phone.
When you agree to the waiver, you agree to not be entitled to any CSG rights in relation to guaranteed maximum connection periods for new services. You will not be entitled to compensation for failure to meet the CSG performance standards for connection times.
You will still be entitled to all other rights under the CSG.
- Fibre Phone services are only available in NBN Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) service areas. If you are within a Fibre to the Building, Fibre to the Node, or Fixed-Wireless area, we recommend NodePhone VoIP.
- Internode does not currently provide support for teletypewriter equipment.
- Calls to 19/1900 Premium Rate services - and certain other call types - are not available.
An Easy Migration to Fibre Phone on the NBN
If NBN Fibre to the Premises is available in your area, the easiest migration path is:
- First, order an Internode NBN Fibre to the Premises broadband service.
- A technician will install an NBN Network Termination Device at your premises. You can keep using your existing phone and broadband while this takes place.
- Once the Network Termination Device is up and running, order an Internode NBN Fibre Phone service.
You can request that your current number is ported to Fibre Phone, which will cancel your current phone line and stop your ADSL from working. That's why we suggest doing it after your NBN Network Termination Device is fully operational.