Internode elbows aside rivals with new Ultra service
Available from today, Internode Ultra delivers high-speed ADSL2+ broadband with generous download quotas, a traditional phone line that supports analogue functions and a fully-featured NodePhone2 voice-over-broadband telephony service.
Internode Ultra is available in metropolitan areas throughout Australia. In most cases, customers will be able to migrate their existing telephone number to the new Internode Ultra service.
Internode Ultra costs from $69.95 per month for a plan with a five-gigabyte (GB) download quota. An important benefit is that they feature unlimited uploads.
Internode managing director Simon Hackett said Ultra marked an important milestone for the company. "Our customers can now choose Internode exclusively to provide a comprehensive 21st century telecommunication service," he said.
"Ultra offers them the best of both worlds. The traditional dialtone-based phone line remains a necessary evil for many people who require it for back-to-base home security monitoring and analogue devices such as fax machines. Ultra also lets you retain your current telephone number."
"While Ultra's traditional phone service offers competitive call rates, we also include NodePhone2, our fully-featured VoIP-based telephone service which includes $10 worth of call credits each month. This represents unbeatable value."
"A great benefit is that customers choosing Ultra no longer have to pay a monthly line rental to a third party telco. They just receive one bill, at a price that represents a significant monthly saving for most customers compared to their current separate bills."
Internode Ultra has a range of download quotas: 5GB, 15GB and 40GB. As well as entry-level Home Ultra plans costing $69.95 a month, Internode offers SOHO Ultra plans with a fixed IP address from $79.95 a month and Business Ultra plans, including priority Help Desk, from $139 a month.
Internode offers a range of competitively priced hardware if customers require it for their Ultra service. Internode Ultra plans include free setup as part of a 24-month contract period.
The release of Internode Ultra is the latest in a bumper series of pre-Christmas plan revisions that include:
- Slashing $10 a month from many Internode SOHO broadband plans
- Launching Internode's first sub-$40 ADSL2+ broadband service
- Stripping $10 from Internode's entry-level Naked ADSL2+ plans by introducing its first dialtone-free broadband services costing less than $50 a month.
- Dramatically improving NodePhone2 Voice-over-IP plans with generous monthly call credits.
- Doubling the size of its popular 'Data Blocks' solution for on-demand quota upgrades.
- Giving customers the choice of free ADSL Broadband setup on a 24 month contract.
For more information about these recent updates, see the previous press releases:
- Tuesday 28th October - Major Product Updates for ADSL and NodePhone
- Tuesday 4th November - Extreme, NakedExtreme and SOHO ADSL Updates
- Tuesday 11th November - Internode offers customers free ADSL setup