Your First Bill
NodeMobile services are billed monthly in advance, on a calendar month basis. Your first bill will contain your first month (that you'll have already started by the time you get your bill), plus your second month (in advance).
Setup charges (SIM and delivery) are also included in this first bill. Subsequent bills with be your next monthly plan rental (billed one month in advance) and current month's usage charges - such as any call or data charges that aren't covered by the plan inclusions (billed in arrears).
New Customers to Internode
Your first monthly charge and any included value will be pro-rated from the day your service is activated, to the end of the calendar month in which your service is activated.
You'll receive your first Internode bill 7 days after the first transaction is generated on your account. In most cases this will be 7 days after your NodeMobile service is first activated.
If you've chosen to transfer an existing mobile number to NodeMobile, your NodeMobile service will activate when the transfer is complete.
Your billing date and billing period may need to be changed, and your first monthly charge and included value may be pro-rated, depending on your existing services:
If you don't have an existing
If you have an existing
If your NodeMobile service is activated part-way through a month, your first monthly charge and your monthly included value will be pro-rated through to the end of the current month.
If, for example:
- You signed up on the 15th of November (a month with 30 days)
- You signed up to a $19.99 monthly plan with an Included Standard Call and Message Value of $400 and 2 GB of data
This means that:
- Your first billing period will only cover 15 days - halving your normal monthly charge to a $10 charge
- Your included value will also only cover 15 days - halving your normal included value to a $200 Included Standard Call and Message Value allowance, and 1 GB of data.
To see if pro rata applies to your account, check the usage section of the NodeMobile Toolbox.
NodeMobile plan changes work the same way as Internode broadband plan changes. The only difference is that the plan change will always take effect on the first day of the next calendar month.
As part of the plan change, you will receive a credit for any monthly charges paid or invoiced in advance for your old plan. Your invoice will also include a new monthly charge in advance for your new plan.
- If you change to a current NodeMobile plan from an older one - and your billing period ends in the middle of the month - your billing period and billing date will need to be adjusted. If this happens, your monthly charge and included value will be pro-rated to align to the end of the calendar month.
- If you change to a current NodeMobile plan from an older one - and your billing period already ends at the end of the calendar month - there will be no change to your billing period or billing date.
- If you have multiple NodeMobile services, all of your NodeMobile services will all have their charges and included value pro-rated up to the end of the month.
You can request a plan change online via the NodeMobile Toolbox.
Older NodeMobile Plans and the Billing Period
If you purchased (or changed plan to) a plan before 2/12/2014 or after 22/02/2016, your billing period is calendar monthly.
If you purchased (or changed plan to) a plan between 2/12/2014 and 22/02/2016 inclusive, your billing period is a month, beginning from the date that the service was activated.
Under the Telecommunications Consumer Protection Code, Internode must invoice any excess charges shortly after the billing period closes.
Because of this, some customers will need to have their billing date adjusted. This is because NodeMobile billing is on a calendar monthly basis, so your billing date will be moved to between the 5th and 10th of each month.
This simply changes the date when your monthly bill is raised. This will not affect the billing period of any of your other Internode services.
You can view your call and data usage in My Internode. Please note that calls and data usage may take 2–3 days to display in your NodeMobile Toolbox. This may be longer for International Roaming charges.
Details on the applicable charges for calls, messages, and data are available on the Call Rates page. This page also describes the operation of the monthly included value of Included Call and Message Value, Included International Call Value, and Data.
We also provide spend limits and automatic notifications on your current spend for various types of charges. For further details, refer to the Features page.