ADSL configuration for OPEN Networks routers
This guide is suitable for OPEN Networks 624, 624W, 625, and 625W routers.
What we'll cover:
- Connecting cables
- How to log in to your OPEN Networks router
- Setting up your ADSL2+ connection
Not what you're looking for? Try the OPEN Networks Wireless guide.
Connecting cables and filters
Connection of your router will vary depending on whether you have a Standard ADSL or a Naked ADSL service. Additional connections such as Wireless also vary from model to model and may not be appropriate for your router.
|Figure 1: Typical connection of OPEN Networks routers|
- Connect a phone cable from the Line or Wall Socket on the ADSL splitter to the telephone port on your wall.
- Connect a phone cable from the ADSL Modem port on the ADSL splitter to the DSL port on the back of the router.
NOTE: Ensure that your cable is less than 3 metres long: longer cables can affect the performance of your service.
- Connect your telephone to the Local Phone port on the ADSL splitter.
NOTE: All devices connected to the ADSL line on any socket in the premises also need to be connected to an ADSL filter.
- Connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cable to the network port on your computer. Connect the other end to one of the LAN ports on the back of the router.
- Connect your wireless aerial if appropriate.
- Connect the power supply to the back of the router, and plug it into your 240v power outlet.
- Switch on the router.
Configuring your Internet Connection
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the OPEN Networks router with an Ethernet cable.
- Open your preferred web browser, for example: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.254 (this number is called an IP Address).
|Figure 2: Entering the IP address to access the router|
- The Modem Log In page will open. You will be prompted for a username and password:
(Zero, Capital P, Three, Capital N)
|This is the router's default username and password.
We recommend that you change the password for security reasons.
- Click Log In at the bottom right of the page to continue.
|Figure 3: The OPEN Networks log in screen|
- The iConnect status page will be displayed. This will show details including the model of your router, and the current firmware version (the software that runs the router).
- Click the Setup link at the top of the screen.
|Figure 4: The iConnect status page|
- Click New Connection in the menu to the left of the screen.
|Figure 5: Select New Connection to set up your Internet service|
- Enter the following information into their corresponding fields:
|Username:||Your Internode username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not include @internode.on.net you will be unable to connect.
|Password:||Your Internode password.
Lost your password? Click here!
- NOTE: All other settings remain at their default values.
- Click Apply at the bottom right corner of the screen to continue.
|Figure 6: Entering the settings needed to connect to the Internet|
- Click Save/Restart Menu from the menu to the left of the screen. This will take you to the Save/Restart page.
- Click Save All to save all of your settings.
|Figure 7: The Save/Restart menu screen|
- You will be prompted to confirm that you'd like to save your settings. Click OK to save your settings.
|Figure 8: Prompt confirming that you would like to save settings|
- You will be returned to the Save/Restart menu. Click Restart to restart your router.
|Figure 9: Click Restart to restart your router|
- You will be prompted to confirm that you'd like to reboot the router. Click OK.
- Your router will reboot, then connect to the Internet.
|Figure 10: Prompt confirming that you would like to reboot the router|
Your OPEN Networks router should have now connected to the Internet. If you get a message advising that the connection has failed, repeat the above steps, ensuring all settings are correct.
If you are looking to also set up your Wireless or Fetch TV service for your OPEN Networks router, please refer to our other guides:
If you are having trouble setting up your router or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.