IPv6 Configuration for NetComm NP805N Routers
This guide is suitable for NetComm NP805N routers.
What we'll cover:
- Logging into your router
- Turning your router's IPv6 settings on (or off)
- Make sure that your computer is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable or wireless connection.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.20.1 (this number is called an IP Address).
|Figure 1: Entering the IP address to access the router|
- The modem Log In page will open. You will be prompted for a username and password.
|This is the router's default username and password.
We recommend that you change the password for security reasons.
- Click Login to log in to the router.
- Click Network Setup from the menu at the top of the screen.
- Select Network Setup from the drop-down menu.
|Figure 2: The NetComm NP805N Network Settings Menu Option|
- The Network Settings page will be displayed.
- In the Network Setup section tick the box titled IPv6 Dualstack and press Save.
|Figure 3: Selecting the IPv6 Dualstack Enable checkbox|
- The device should prompt you to configure IPv6, click OK if it does. If not select IPv6 under Advanced Settings in the top menu.
|Figure 4: The IPv6 Menu item under Advanced Settings|
- You should now be on the IPv6 Configuration page.
- Select PPPoE from the IPv6 Connection drop-down menu.
- Ensure Autoconfiguration is set to Enable.
- Ensure Autoconfiguration Type is set to Stateless.
|Figure 5: The IPv6 Settings Page|
Once you have set up your IPv6 connection as above, you can test your connection on the Internode IPv6 website. If you are successful, it will display your IPv6 address in green, as shown below:
|Figure 5: The Internode IPv6 website showing a successful IPv6 connection|
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your NetComm NP805N router for use with IPv6.
If you're looking to also set up another service on your NetComm NP805N router, please refer to our other guides:
- Fibre to the Premises configuration for NetComm NP805N routers
- Wireless configuration for NetComm NP805N routers
If you are having trouble setting up your router or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.