A Change of Name request is required if you need to change your individual or business name, for instance:
- if you have recently married;
- if you have changed your name via Deed Poll; or
- if you have changed your business Trading Name (but not your ABN).
A Change of Ownership request is required if the account needs to be transferred from one individual/business to another, for instance:
- transferring ownership of an account to a family member, friend, housemate, etc; or
- transferring ownership due a business acquisition and subsequent change of ABN and Trading Name.
To change your name, follow the steps below:
- Submit a request in writing stating your intention to change the individual/business name on your account via one of the following:
- Fax to: 08 8235 6977
- Post to: PO Box 284, Rundle Mall SA 5000
- Email to: email@example.com
- Make sure that your request includes three (3) points of ID. These can include your Name, Customer Number, or Username. This will help our staff verify your identity and your account.
- Include one (1) proof of change of name document.
Proof of Change of Name documents
|Individual Account||Change of Name Certificate
|Business Account||Business Registration Certificate
Only someone listed on the account as an Administrator or Billing Contact (Account Holder) may authorise a change in ownership.
We need to complete an ID check before processing a change of ownership. To change ownership of your account, please call us on 1300 889 188.
If you need to take control of an account via Power of Attorney or a similar scenario where the account holder is unable to manage their account, please call us on 1300 889 188. We should be able to search for your account in our billing system and we can then advise what's necessary to gain access to the account information (such as a Statutory Declaration).