IPv6 Configuration for Billion 6404VGP-R3 Routers
This guide is suitable for Billion 6404VGP-R3 routers.
What we'll cover:
- Logging onto your Billion router
- Configuring IPv6 on your Billion
- Testing the IPv6 connection
- Make sure that your computer is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable or wireless connection.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.254 (this number is called an IP Address).
|Figure 1: Entering the IP address to access the router|
- The modem Log In page will open. You will be prompted for a username and password.
|This is the router's default username and password.
We recommend that you change the password for security reasons.
- Click OK to log in to the router.
- Click Advanced from the menu to the left of the screen to switch to the Advanced menu. Note that the heading above the menu will change to read "Advanced".
- Click Configuration, and further menu options will appear underneath.
- Click WAN. Again, further menu options will appear.
- Click WAN Profile to go to the WAN configuration screen.
|Figure 2: The Basic and Advanced Billion router menus|
- The WAN Profile page will now be displayed.
- Ensure that IPv6 is set to Enable.
- Ensure that Obtain IPv6 DNS is set to Automatic.
- Click the Edit/Delete button.
|Figure 3: The Billion 6404VGP-R3 WAN page with IPv6 settings|
This step is only required if you are experiencing problems with your IPv6 connection or you are running firmware that is out of date on your Billion modem.
You can download the latest firmware from the Billion website.
- Click LAN from the menu to the left of the screen and further menu options
will appear underneath.
- Click IPv6 Autoconfig.
- Ensure that Issue Router Advertisements is set to Enable.
- If Issue Router Advertisements is not checked, click the check-box and ensure it is ticked.
- Click the Apply button.
|Figure 4: Configuring IPv6 Router Advertisements|
- To save your network settings, click the Save Config button at the bottom right of the screen.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to save the changes. Click Apply to save your settings to the modem.
|Figure 5: Saving your settings|
- Saving the configuration can take up to 20 seconds.
- Once the configuration has been saved, another box may pop up confirming that the save is complete. The page may then return to the 'Save Settings' page or to the 'Status' page.
Once you have set up your IPv6 connection as above, you can test your connection on the Internode IPv6 website. If you are successful, it will display your IPv6 address in green, as shown below:
|Figure 5: The Internode IPv6 website showing a successful IPv6 connection|
Congratulations! You have successfully configured IPv6 on your Billion 6404VGP-R3 series router.
If you're looking to set up another service on your Billion 6404VGP-R3 router, please refer to our other guides:
- ADSL Configuration for Billion 6404VGP-R3 routers
- Wireless Configuration for Billion 6404VGP-R3 routers
- NodePhone VoIP Configuration for Billion 6404VGP-R3 routers
If you are having trouble setting up your router or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.