This guide is suitable for AVM FRITZ!Box 7270, 7272, 7390, and 7490 routers.
What we'll cover:
- manually configuring a PPP connection
Connect to the FRITZ!Box web-based interface
- Confirm that a LAN or WLAN connection has been established to the modem.
- Open your preferred web browser, e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.178.1 (this is known as an IP Address)
Figure 1: Entering the IP address to access the router
- You will be asked to enter an administrative password.
If the default administrative password is not working, it is likely it has been changed from the default setting.
If you do not know what the password has been changed to, you will need to factory reset the device and repeat this section.
- Click Internet from the menu to the left of the screen.
- Click Account Information from the left hand menu to access the Account Information screen.
Figure 2: The Account Information screen
- Ensure Operating Mode is set to Use one Internet connection for all computers (router).
- Under the section Account Information select Account Information Required.
- Under Connection Settings, choose Internode as the Internet Service Provider.
- In the field labelled Username, enter your Internode Username (including @internode.on.net)
- In the field labelled Password, enter your Internode Password and re-enter below to confirm.
- Ensure Maintain Internet Connection Permanently is selected.
- Ensure Set the speeds of the DSL line automatically is checked.
- Select Define ATM Settings Manually, ensure these values are as follows:
- Select the option to Check the Internet Connection after Apply.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK when the pop-up window appears.
- The FRITZ!Box will now check connection to the Internet, if successful, click OK.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your Internet service.
If you're looking to also set up your NodePhone or Wireless service for your FRITZ!Box router, please refer to our other guides:
If you are having trouble setting up your router or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.