This guide is suitable for FRITZ!Box 7272, 7490, 7390, and 7270 routers.
What we'll cover:
- manually configuring a PPP connection
Connect to the FRITZ!Box web-based interface
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the router - either with an Ethernet cable, or over a wireless network.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.178.1 (this is called an IP Address)
|Figure 1: Entering the IP address to access the router
- The router will ask you for the administrative password.
If the default password does not work, it has likely been changed. If you do not know the password, you will need to factory reset the device and repeat this section.
- Click Internet from the menu to the left of the screen.
- Click Account Information from the left hand menu to access the Account Information screen.
|Figure 2: The Account Information screen
- Ensure Operating Mode is set to Use one Internet connection for all computers (router).
- Under the section Account Information select Account Information Required.
- Under Connection Settings, choose Internode as the Internet Service Provider.
- In the field labelled Username, enter your Internode Username (including @internode.on.net)
- In the field labelled Password, enter your Internode Password and re-enter below to confirm.
- Ensure Maintain Internet Connection Permanently is selected.
- Ensure Set the speeds of the DSL line automatically is checked.
- Select Define ATM Settings Manually, ensure these values are as follows:
- Select the option to Check the Internet Connection after Apply.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK when the pop-up window appears.
- The FRITZ!Box will now check connection to the Internet, if successful, click OK.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your Internet service.
If you're looking to also set up your NodePhone VoIP or Wireless service, please refer to our other guides:
If you are having trouble setting up your router, or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.