NodeMobile Data Configuration for MobiiHotspot 4G
This guide is suitable for MobiiHotspot 4G modems/hotspots.
What we'll cover:
- Finding your MobiiHotspot 4G's default wireless settings
- Connecting to your MobiiHotspot 4G
- Logging into the MobiiHotspot 4G interface
- Configuring your NodeMobile Data connection
- Securing your wireless network so only people you allow may connect
Each MobiiHotspot 4G has its own default Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Password (WPA Pre-Shared Key).
These details are printed on the back plate of the MobiiHotspot 4G. You will need this information to connect your computer to the MobiiHotspot 4G's wireless network.
|Figure 1: The location of the wireless details engraving|
Connect your computer to the MobiiHotspot 4G's wireless network. If you are not familiar with connecting to Wireless Networks please refer to the following guides:
- Connecting a Windows computer to a wireless network
- Connecting a Macintosh computer to a wireless network
We strongly recommend that you change your MobiiHotspot 4G's SSID and WiFi Key.
Full instructions on configuring your wireless hotspot are included further down this guide.
- Make sure your computer is connected to your modem via the wireless network.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.1 (this number is called an IP Address).
|Figure 2: Entering the IP address into the browser|
- The login screen will appear. Enter the username and password:
|This is the MobiiHotspot 4G's default username and password.
We recommend that you change the password for security reasons.
- Click Log In.
- Click the Settings tab from the top menu.
- The Quick Setup wizard will be appear. Click Next to continue.
|Figure 3: 'Settings' in the top menu|
- Check that the Profile name is set to Internode, then click Next.
|Figure 4: The Profile screen in the Quick Setup wizard|
- If the Profile Name is not set to Internode, click Profile Management to change profile.
- Create a name for your wireless network and enter this into the SSID field.
- Ensure that SSID Broadcast is set to Enable.
- Click Next.
Creating a network name (SSID)
Your network name is used to identify your wireless network. This is particularly useful if there are other wireless networks nearby.
Because your network name will be visible outside of your home or office, the name should be recognisable but should not use any personal or service details.
- Bad Network Names:
BloggsFamily, JoeBloggs, 123JamesStreet, Internode, default, your Internode username, your router's name/model.
- Good Network Names:
MyNetwork, HomeWireless, Homestead, Cookie Monster (be creative!)
|Figure 5: MobiiHotspot 4G Wireless Setup|
- Create a password that will be used to access your wireless network. This needs to be entered into the WPA pre-shared key field.
Creating a Pre-shared Key (Wireless Password)
A Pre-shared key prevents people you don't know from accessing your wireless network. When you connect your computers to your wireless network, you will be asked for the pre-shared key. If someone tries to connect without the pre-shared key, they will be unable to connect.
Your pre-shared key:
- must have a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters (the longer the better)
- is case sensitive
- should never be the same as your Internode password or any password you currently use!
We recommend you create a complex password for your pre-shared key.
- Click Next.
- You should be presented with the Configuration Summary page.
- If you are happy with the settings, click Finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured your MobiiHotspot 4G for use with NodeMobile Data.
Please allow 1–2 minutes for the device to connect before testing the connection.
If you are having trouble setting up your modem, or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.