NodeMobile Data Configuration for MobiiConnect 4G
This guide is suitable for MobiiConnect 4G modems.
What we'll cover:
- Finding your MobiiConnect 4G's default wireless settings
- Connecting to your MobiiConnect 4G's wireless network
- Logging into the MobiiConnect 4G interface
- Configuring your NodeMobile Data connection
Not what you're looking for? Try the MobiiConnect 4G Wireless guide.
Each MobiiConnect 4G has its own default Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Wireless Password (WPA Pre-Shared Key).
These details are printed on a sticker under the back plate of the MobiiConnect 4G. You will need this information to connect your computer to the MobiiConnect 4G's wireless network.
To find your SSID and Wireless Password:
- Locate the thumb notch at the end of the MobiiConnect 4G and lift to remove the cover.
- Locate the sticker (indicated in diagram below) and make a note of the SSID and Password.
- Replace the rear cover.
|Figure 1: The location of the wireless details sticker|
Connect your computer to the MobiiConnect 4G's wireless network. If you are not familiar with connecting to Wireless Networks please refer to the following guides:
- Connecting a Windows computer to a wireless network
- Connecting a Macintosh computer to a wireless network
We strongly recommend that you change your MobiiConnect 4G's SSID and Wireless Password.
For full instructions on configuring your wireless hotspot, please see the Wireless Configuration for MobiiConnect 4G Guide.
- Make sure your computer is connected to your modem via the wireless network.
- Open your preferred web browser - for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the following number into the address bar and then hit Enter on your keyboard:
- 192.168.1.1 (this number is called an IP Address).
|Figure 2: Entering the IP address into the browser|
- The login screen will appear. Enter the default password:
|This is the MobiiConnect 4G's default password.
We recommend that you change the password for security reasons.
- Click Login.
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Click Network Settings in the menu to the left of the screen. New options will appear underneath.
- Click APN to access the connection profile settings.
- Change the Profile to Internode. You should notice that the settings below will change.
- Click the Apply button at the bottom of the screen, then click the Set as default button.
|Figure 3: Setting Internode as your connection profile|
- To connect to the Internet, click Home at the top of the screen to return to the home page, then click Connect.
NOTE: You only need to complete this step after configuration. Your MobiiConnect 4G will connect to the Internet automatically in future.
If you're looking to re-configure the Wireless settings on your MobiiConnect 4G, please refer to our other guide:
If you are having trouble setting up your modem, or would like to clarify some of the steps, please contact our Support Team.