Setting up Direct Debit
There are two ways you can set up Direct Debit on your Internode account - either online through My Internode, or by submitting a Direct Debit Request Form.
Set up Direct Debit online
To set up your Direct Debit information online through My Internode:
- Log into My Internode using your Internode username (without @internode.on.net) and password.
- Select Change Payment Method under My Account in the menu.
- Click the Setup automated payments from my bank account button and follow the prompts to enter your Direct Debit details.
Please note that if this is the first time you have set up Direct Debit, your first payment may be processed within 24-48 hours of the due date on your invoice.
Submit a Direct Debit Request Form:
Alternatively, you can set up Direct Debit by submitting a Direct Debit Request Form:
Please download and print the Direct Debit Request form, fill it in, sign it, and return it to Internode:
- Fax: 1300 396 633
- Post: Internode, PO Box 284, Rundle Mall, SA 5000
If you are using a joint bank account, the Direct Debit Request Form needs to be signed by both account holders.
NOTE: It takes up to 28 days to process your direct debit form. You will need to use another payment method until Direct Debit authority is established.
Important Information about Direct Debit
- The date your payment will be taken will appear on the first page of your invoice. It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient cleared funds are in the nominated debiting account when the payments are to be drawn.
- If the payment date falls on a non-working day or public holiday, the payment will be processed on the next working day.
For returned unpaid transactions the following procedure will apply:
- You will be contacted either via e-mail, phone, or post advising you of the direct debit failure.
- A ten dollar ($10.00) dishonour fee is payable and will be charged to your next Internode account.
- If no payment is received within 14 days, a suspension of services will occur.
- Normal Debt Collection procedures will then follow as per our Customer Relationship Agreement.