The Voicemail platform used by Easy Bundle phone is being upgraded. This is a mandatory change since our wholesaler is discontinuing the previous voicemail platform (end of life).
- These changes will take place on or after 15 November 2014.
- Once the upgrade is complete, you'll hear a generic recording advising that the voicemail menu has changed. The menu will also feature a new Australian female voice.
- Your existing 4 digit PIN number, main greeting, and spoken name recording shouldn't be lost during the upgrade.
- If you do not have a 4 digit PIN, you PIN will be reset to default during migration and you will need to set your PIN again.
- Saved messages on the old voicemail platform will expire after 28 days.
- The new voicemail system will no longer support the Wake-Up Call service.
- There will be no changes to call rates for voicemail service.
- Why is the Voicemail platform changing?
- Will there be any changes to the core Voicemail functions?
- I have multiple services; will this change affect all of them?
- Has the Voicemail menu changed?
- What will I hear the first time I access the new Voicemail service?
- Will the number I dial to access my voicemail change?
- What's happened to Wake-Up Call?
- Will I lose my PIN, Spoken Name, or Main Greeting?
- Will I lose my existing Group Distribution Lists?
- Will I lose my custom greeting for different times of the day?
- What will happen to my saved messages on the old voicemail platform? When will they expire?
- Can I transfer saved messages from the old voicemail platform to the new one?
- I still have access to my old menu options when I dial into the old platform to hear their old/saved messages. Why is that?
- I can't return to the new menu if I access my saved messages on the old voicemail platform. Why is this?
- Will there be any changes to the call rates for Voicemail?
- What will happen to my Voicemail PIN during the upgrade?
- Will I experience any voicemail service disruptions during the upgrade?
- How to Re-record Time of Day Greetings
- Creating a Greeting Schedule
- Setting up a Distribution List
- Creating a New Group List
- What's the new Voicemail Menu like?
Why is the Voicemail platform changing?
The current Optus voicemail platform is end of life. The shift to the new platform is intended to ensure we can accommodate future growth as well as greater redundancy and resilience for the Voicemail service.
Will there be any changes to the core Voicemail functions?
No. Core functionality such as diversions, depositing, and retrieving messages will remain the same.
I have multiple services; will this change affect all of them?
Yes, these changes are applicable to all services.
Has the Voicemail menu changed?
Yes. Please see The New Menu. You'll also notice that the Recorded Voice Announcements have been updated with a new Australian voice actress.
What will I hear the first time I access the new Voicemail service?
You'll hear a generic recorded announcement notifying you of the change in menu items. It will start with "Hi there! Welcome to the new Voicemail service. It's important to listen carefully, as some of the options have changed…"
Will the number I dial to access my voicemail change?
No, the options to access voicemail will remain the same - just dial *96.
From 15 November, if you dial 13 33 21, you will only be able to retrieve Voicemail.
If you want to leave a voicemail in someone else's mailbox, you'll now need to dial 0411 000 321. Simply enter their phone number and then you'll be transferred to their voicemail service to leave a message.
What's happened to Wake-Up Call?
The Wake-Up Call service will no longer be available on the new platform. This service has been discontinued - please consider using the alarm clock feature built into most mobile phones.
Will I lose my PIN, Spoken Name, or Main Greeting?
Your main greeting, PIN, and spoken name active at the time of the migration window will be securely captured and moved to the new platform during the upgrade. Please see below for information on Time of Day Greetings.
Will I lose my existing Group Distribution Lists?
Group Distribution Lists from the previous voicemail platform will need to be set up again on the new platform. To review and capture the existing numbers in your Distribution Lists:
- Dial *96 from your Easy Bundle phone to access voicemail.
- Press 8 for User Options, then press 5 for Distribution Lists.
- Press 6 to Modify the Distribution Lists. You'll be prompted to enter the distribution list number.
- The first number on that list will be played back to you. Write this down, and then press 5 to listen to the next number on the list.
- Continue this process until the user has captured all the numbers in all their lists. You can use this information to set up your new Group Distribution lists after the migration to the new voicemail platform.
If you have a time of day greeting set up, you'll need to re-record your greeting and set the time of day greeting up again. To access the Greeting menu from the new Voicemail main menu, press 3.
What will happen to my saved messages on the old voicemail platform?
When will they expire?
You can access your saved messages on the old platform until they expire 28 days later.
When you access the main voicemail menu you'll hear: "You may have messages left in the old Voicemail service. Don't worry; they'll be kept there until they expire. To access old messages on the old Voicemail service, press 4".
Can I transfer saved messages from the old voicemail platform to the new one?
No. This functionality does not exist on the new platform.
I still have access to my old menu options when I dial into the old platform to hear their old/saved messages. Why is that?
All functionality on the old platform will still be available for a limited time. However please note that any changes you make in the old voicemail system will not be transferred to the new mailbox.
I can't return to the new menu if I access my saved messages on the old voicemail platform. Why is this?
It is not possible to switch from the new Voicemail platform back to the old platform then back to the new platform again. To access your new Voicemail box, please hang up and then dial *96 again.
Will there be any changes to the call rates for Voicemail?
No. Billing for voicemail will not change. If you exceed the included call value of your mobile plan, voicemail retrieval will be charged at standard rates.
Existing 4 digit PINs will be securely migrated to the new voicemail platform.
If your PIN is not 4 digits, it will be reset to the last 4 digits of your Easy Bundle phone number during the upgrade. You can change your PIN by doing the following:
- Dial *96 from your Easy Bundle phone to access voicemail.
- Press 8 (user options).
- Press 4 (setup options).
- Press 1, and then change your PIN as desired.
Will I experience any voicemail service disruptions during the upgrade?
It's possible that - at the exact moment you're migrated - you won't be able to access voicemail and/or people will not be able to leave you a message. This may last for 5 minutes.
How to Re-record Time of Day Greetings
The new voicemail system refers to time of day greetings as a Greeting Schedule and allows for 4 different greetings to be recorded and allocated to a schedule or multiple schedules. A greeting schedule can be set-up for each day or the same schedule can be used for several days. The main greeting will be used for any period in a schedule where no greeting has been recorded.
In order to set-up a Greetings Schedule, you will be required to record a greeting, set-up the schedule, allocate it a number, and then enable the greeting. You can do this by doing the following:
Main Menu (Dialling into your voicemail service)
- Press 3 to access the Change your Greetings menu.
- Then, press 5 to manage your Time of Day Greeting Schedule menu.
- Then, press 3 to Record greetings for your schedule.
Record a Greeting
- Press 2, to record or re-record a Schedule Greeting.
- When prompted, enter the number of the greeting to record (select a number between 1 & 4) then press #.
- Record your greeting for the associated greeting number, then press #.
- After the required greeting/s are recorded, press * to return to the time of day greeting menu.
Up to four (4) greetings can be recorded; a number (from 1 to 4) is assigned to each greeting. You will need these greeting numbers when setting up the time of day schedules.
Creating a Greeting Schedule
- Press 1 to modify your Greeting Schedule.
- Press 2 to create a schedule for one or more days of the week and follow the prompts.
You will be required to enter the day or days of the week for your schedule (1 = Monday through to 7 = Sunday).
- After this, you will be required to enter the start and end time period in a 24:00 hour format.
- Next, you will be prompted for the greeting number of the greeting that you want played for this time. This is the number saved in your recorded greeting.
- After the schedule has been completed, press * to return the Time of Day Greeting schedule.
Enable greeting schedule
From the Time of Day Greeting Schedule:
- Press 5 to enable or disable the Greeting Schedule (if this is disabled, the default main greeting will be used).
Setting up a Distribution List
To preserve the information in your current distribution lists, please do the following:
From the Main Menu
- Press 8 for user options.
- Then press 5 for distribution lists.
- The select 6 to modify your distribution lists.
- You will then be prompted to enter the distribution list then press #.
- The voicemail system will play back the first number on the list.
- Then press 5 to listen to the next number on the list; and
- Repeat these steps until you have captured all the numbers in the list.
Be sure to write down all your numbers down if you wish to set up the same list on the new platform.
Creating a New Group List
From the Main Menu
- Press 8 to Access the User Options.
- Press 2 to Manage your Group Lists.
- Select 2 to create a group list and then follow the prompts.
The new platform will introduce some changes to the menu options. Here are some of the functions you may find useful:
- To play your messages, press 7.
- To record a message, press 6.
- To change your greeting, press 3.
- To access user options, press 8.
- To access messages on the old voicemail service, press 4.
Play Menu (press 7 from the main menu)
- To replay, press 7.
- To transfer this message, press 4.
- To delete, press 3.
- To return this call, press 6.
- To save, press 5.
Greeting Menu (press 3 from the main menu)
- To manage your main greeting, press 1.
- To manage your time of day greeting, press 5.
- To manage group greetings, press 7.
User Options Menu (press 8 from the main menu)
- To manage your group lists, press 2.
- To change your message notification, press 3.
- To modify your personal preferences, press 4.
- To disable/enable voicemail missed call notification, press 5.